Does He Like Me, or Is He Just A Nice Guy?

I feel like I should probably know the answer to this question already, but somehow the more I overanalyze (and the more I try NOT to overanalyze) the more confused I get. This guy and I met a few months ago and I'm very confused about the status of our relationship. We've been friends a while but not a super long time and usually hang out or study together. He broke up with his girlfriend of a couple years a couple of months ago and since then, there's been this weird tension between us that wasn't there before. He texts me a lot more, but not always consistently; says my name a lot more than necessary and is just basically showing signs of interest in more than just friendship. However, he also is giving me mixed signals. Out of the blue, he asked me to meet him for coffee (which is out of the norm) but then when he showed up, he acted really weird the whole time, almost uncomfortable. He has other girl "friends" that he hangs out with, and while there are subtle differences in how he treats me compared to them, they are subtle at best. Most of these friends have boyfriends, so is he just using them as buffers? He likes all of their stuff on social media, but "reacts" to my posts instead of simply liking them. He has initiated most of our interactions and I think I've indicated interest, but I'm not sure how far I should take this when I'm so unsure of him. Guys, does he like me, and is trying to play it cool? Or is he just a super friendly dude who is not over his ex?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he wants to be more than just freinds with you. Next time your getting coffee with him just ask if this is a date. If he broke up a few months ago me might not be ready to get back on that horse. Give him time to see what he wants to do. Also encourage him when he does something you like. Try putting your hand on his while your talking to see if there is a touch barrier if there is work on it. This all really depends if you like him back. If you would like to date him just continue on, encouraging him and lighly flirting. Or if you don't like him just talk to him about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe he has a thing for you, but he's probably not ready to be in a relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• He sounds like he's just being nice

What Girls Said 0