What do you think of someone who's never been in a relationship?

I've never had a boyfriend or even talked to a guy in any romantic way. Never held hands with anyone, kissed, or had any sexual contact with one either. I'm 18 and a freshman in college. What do you think and why? What do you think of someone who's never been in a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• I never judge anyone negatively for never being in any relationships or had never had sex or slept with anyone before, if they don't want to be in a relationship or realize that it just won't work for them, then so be it. No every single person on the planet are ever absolutely guaranteed that they will ever be in any relationships and have a partner or spouse in their entire lifetime.

You don't have to be in a relationships for really any reason at all other than unless you really truly want a long term committed relationship with somebody.

Besides, relationships are not guaranteed to last forever and provide any sort of real happiness anyway, and the same goes for sex, otherwise how do you explain why some people get so addicted to sex and sleep around? Or even cheat and go behind their partner's back?

I doubt they are fully and truly happy with their lives and themselves if they think and believe that having lots of sex with lots of people would actually make them happy or feel happy all just because it "felt good". People will do what they do but I think they are just deluded and unaware of it and lying to themselves that they think what they do will make them happy but they continue to pursue the same thing to no end into this endless cycle of inner emptiness.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are still young, keep calm.
    Maybe in college you will find someone, who knows? 😏

What Guys Said 21

• I think you're cute. But the snout and ears deter me. I've generally only dated within my own species before ;)

• There is nothing wrong with them. It's absolutely fine to be single.

• It means that you have none of those experiences yet. Maybe you never wanted to. Maybe you are teasing with pictures. Maybe I am not reading your question correctly.

Someone who has never been in a boy girl relationship as a freshman in college is not unique. It is more common than you may think. It does not mean one is incapable, it only means that one has not experienced that yet. No big deal. Even if you graduate college without that experience, you have missed nothing. You will all in good time.

• Sister, I believe that you are either one of the chosened ones or you're soul is waiting on your soulmate to ignite your life.

You are a role-model. I respect you highly for being so STRONG.

May you have the pleasure of EXPERIENCING A LONG FULFILLING LIFE FULL OF HAPPINESS AND ACIEVEMENTS FULFILLING YOUR TRUE PURPOSE.

• Not a problem... i was same until 24. Take time. Nothing wrong. U are cute pretty... are u shy?

• Neither have I, don't worry

• At 18 I hadn't been in a relationship either. Same for my wife.
    Thus, could I emit ANY negative POV? NO.

• Still haven't met the right one for you, and that's nice that you're not hooking up with just "anyone"

• Maybe cause you're overweight 😶?
    You look cute though

• They're either super shy and afraid of putting themselves out there to dating or they have issues that make them incompatible with most people they meet.

• You're just like me. Never had a girlfriend myself.

• I think it's fine. I'm the same way except I'm 23

• Disgust

• Sounds fine. I've never been in one, and look at my age.

• Think we should start talking I'll show you what living is darling

• About somebody that wasn't in relationship "yay, no baggage".

About you? You're cute.

• May be such people are waiting for their perfect match <3 lol

• Have you ever been in love?

• well its their fault for not being in a relationship especially when they are beautiful and can have just about anyone she wants, because beautiful girls can have just about anyone they want.

• I've never been in a relationship or had an official girlfriend yet and honestly it's not as big of a deal as I thought it'd be. I mean I have dated, had sex, flings, and made out with a ton of women but I just told this girl I started seeing last week that I've dated but not had anything serious and that didn't push her away.

Believe me, guys have it much harder than women when it comes to inexperience.

And it's not that no one ever wanted a relationship with me. It's just the ones who have I wasn't attracted to and most recently a girl I was seeing was acting too clingy.

• While I am looking for a relationship in the long run, I'm not desperate for one. I don't have commitment issues or am that picky but the girl has to be at least somewhat attractive to me and clinginess is a MAJOR turnoff. Not saying you're clingy at all, this is just from my experience.

• Its normal.. Some people just start things at different age

What Girls Said 5

• Don't be in a hurry sistah! College is great. You don't need a boyfriend to enjoy it. Not at all.

• I think you're beautiful and the opportunity just hasn't arose yet

• I'm 26 and single af. been single since i was a freshman (roughly 15 y/o)
    there is nothing wrong with you, nor is it wrong to wait for the right person.

• I think nothing of them.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more