How do people feel about dating someone that's genderfluid?

the question is self explanatory, but I'm self conscious about being genderfluid because when I came out to my ex they didn't take it well at all... :/

no hate please.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have no problem with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you have a vagina and you're attractive to me, I don't care what you identify your gender as. Just don't expect me to switch up calling you "He" or "She" without communicating with me.

• The paradox here is would you fuck a "man" with female genetalia? See?

• @NoFcks2Give, I see the paradox if that's what you define gender as. I'm not concerned with offending anyone. For my own self-interest, I will date only those who have what I perceive to be feminine attributes AND breasts + a vagina. If they were born male but now possess female attributes, breasts and a vagina, I will consider them a woman and have the possibility of being attracted to them.

• @NoFcks2Give I see no paradox. If they have a vagina, it can be fucked with a penis. What they label themselves is irrelevant.

What Girls Said 7

• I wouldn't care, I'd probably still call him a guy because of habit. As long as we matched and sexually identified as a male then I'm cool

• I'd probably be okay with it.

• I wouldn't date a guy who is gender fluid

• I wouldn't.

• No, i need someone who ia mentally healthy. having gender dyshphora is not mentally healthy.

• i wouldn't. because i do not believe such a concept is scientifically legitimate.

• Tbh I would be okay with it.

What Guys Said 17

• To be completely honest, I don't think I would date someone who was genderfluid, even if they were biologically a female. I'd be friends with a genderfluid person, but it's a dealbreaker for me dating-wise. I'd much rather prefer someone who identifies as a female and is biologically a female.

The problem is that I feel it would be difficult for me to deal with the person going to a more masculine side or phase. It would be rough for me... So it's best I simply keep any genderfluid people as friends. It would be a source of continual conflict if I tried to ignore any qualms I had with em and proceeded to date anyway.

• I think genderfluid people just want to feel special by claiming to be "genderfluid" while also faking that they aren't thinking in sexist stereotypical terms when they actually are.

You might think this is an attack, but it's not. Being "genderfluid" only makes sense if you assume that there is such a thing as "masculine behavior" attributed to men, and "feminine behavior" attributed to women, and that they are polar opposites and you "go between these polar opposites".

But these polar opposites don't exist, and attribution of behavior to sex is inherently sexist. Therefore gender fluidity means you're just a normal person who feels distraught about how they don't meet the criteria to be fully "cis" when in reality believing there is "cisgender" behavior is just verifying that you believe that "women act like this, men act like that" which is also technically sexist stereotypical thinking.

Dude, if you have testicles, you're male. You shouldn't think anything else beyond that about your "gender identity".

• I do not believe in male gender, and I do not believe in female gender. I think it's just sexist thinking.

I believe in male sex and female sex, and the ability to procreate as a result of physical sexual compatibility.

Gender IS sexism.

• I wonder who that female downvote was and why. :O

• Blackstones formulation is one important bases in judicial system, according to it, it's better to let 10 guilty people escape than let one innocent suffer."

But judicial systems are not perfect, sometimes we convict the innocent. The least we can do when we make mistakes is correct them immediately if we can. But as far as I know there is no going back from death. That innocent person is someone's mother / father / sister / brother / son / daughter..
    I don't think you would compare infinite amount of money you pay as tax to your loved ones, would you?

• Hmm, by chance did you answer the wrong question, or am I just not understanding you correctly? Lol

• @dangerDoge I don't know how this got here.. I think I am retarded or heavily drunk.

• Hahaha I spent a good few minutes trying to determine how judicial systems and death related to dating genderfluid people

• What does that mean? Does that mean you're a slime? Slimes are my favourite monster girls.
    media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/20/19726/61c.gif

• In an effort to better understand the question, I had to go and do some personal research on what gender fluid means. Now I have a pretty clear interpretation that it means there is no true place for you on the spectrum of gender. Am I in the ball park? If not, please, inform me on your perspective of said terminology.

• For me it means that my gender (what's in my head) fluctuates between female and male. But it's bifferenta for everyone.

• If you live in a more rural area, where traditions and social norms are big. Than maybe his narrow mindedness is because of his upbringing. In larger cities and major metropolitan areas, it's to my understanding that androgynous dressing style is fairly common. It could have been a culture shock, because I've never heard the term before myself. (Not saying I'm omniscient, but I read lol). It's not a reflection in you though, however next time maybe ease them into this more unique side if you personality. And dont forget to compromise.

• Yeah, I live in a small town, so that's not the best for my situation, hopefully if I ease them into it next time it'll be better. :)

• First of all a confession I had to google "Gender Fluid" - Ideally I would like to say I love the person not the gender - In reality I don't know, it is one of those ones you don't know till you are there.

• I I couldn't deal with that no harm to them but im only intrested in dating hot hetro women (if I was single which im not)

• I'd laugh at them

• so what gender are you today?

• I'd never consider it.

• What's that even supposed to mean?

• As long as you have working Vagina, I am good with it.

• Not happening.

• I'm open to it.

• What is genderfluid?

• I don't know. What impact would it have on our relationship? Note I don't specifically mean you, because I would only be interested in someone with female genitals which i'm assuming isn't you. So lets assume someone with a female body, whose mental gender fluctuates. How does that impact me? How does that impact our sex life?

• I dont really care about it. peoplecan do what they want