Would it be rude of me to suggest a different place to hang out?

This guy I like wants me to go to the beach with him, but I'm not really a beach person. Do you think it would be rude of me to suggest going for coffee instead? I really like him, so I don't want to mess it up. Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• "Sorry, I don't like the beach but I'd be glad to do something else like (insert activity here)!". He'll say "___ sounds good! Let's go!". Unless he doesn't like you and just has this odd fantasy of bringing someone to the beach, in which case, he'll find someone else to go with him.

• Thanks :) He's a really popular guy and I don't think he has any odd fantasy about it or anything, he just really likes the beach himself lol.

• My pleasure! Enjoy the coffee ;)

• haha thank you ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• May as well be yourself upfront - he will probably respect you for having an opinion rather than go along with sometjing you dont want to do. Yeah make an alternative suggestion so he knows you still want a date.

• yeah, i want to completely be myself. Thanks :D

• Yeah cool always be yourself!

What Guys Said 4

• Of course

• Just bring up in conversation you are not a beach person and try to think of a place you will both like, it will be cool.

• i would just ask friendly if he's a good guy he will reason

• No its not rude.

What Girls Said 0