Is being a virgin a turn off?

I'm 17, a virgin and want to wait until I'm in a commited relationship to have sex. I like this guy but he's 30, do you think me being a virgin would be a turn off for him? (P. s obviously I'm not going to have sex with him at this age)

Most Helpful Guy

• Good lord 30? What is actually wrong with you? Like maybe 22-25 I could see but 30? That dudes a creep who has something heinous up his sleeve. To answer your question, no it isn't. For most guys it's a turn on actually. But in my opinion (and probably most other people's) you shouldn't even consider being with this man. You do you and only you but take heed. If a 30 year old man is considering being with you there is something wrong with him.

• Why would there be something wrong with him? He's never flirted with me

• There is something wrong with it. You're 17. He's 30. I don't care how you see history that's not acceptable. If you want to talk history then you don't get the right to choose your husband, the right to an education, the right to own land, the right to have contraceptives, the right to vote, oh and your father will sell you virginity for political or social standing. An older man is fine. A man who's nearly 2x your age is fucked up and morally wrong.

• you're still not answering the question. Why is it morally wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• I waited until 22 so nah, it's not a big deal, though I don't think seeking a 30 year old at your age is a good idea. But, I can't stop you. I should say that most 30 year olds though have a certain expectation when it comes to sex so tread carefully.

What Guys Said 13

• Being a virgin is fine and not a turn-off. However, a 30-year old man will desire sex. He may wait for you a bit (at least until you get to 18), but your age difference is significant on cultural grounds because you won't have the same cultural references. That said, it may work out. My uncle is 16 years older than his wife whom he's been with for about 39 years when she turned 30 and he was 46.

• At 17 it means you're too young for me, thus 17 is the turn off, not virginity.
    A 67 yo virgin would make me wonder but I could start with liking her.

• How do you feel about being a virgin?
    Would your virginity be a turn off for a 30 year old potential lover?
    Probably not.
    If by the time you two are ready to take that step, he should have enough experience to realize you are a beginner.

• No 17 is fine.

• It shouldn't be. I suggest you wait for marriage before sex, he will be committed to you.

• so you dont have sex before marriage?

• @Alyssa1111 yes plus there is more science that defense my stand, but also today's society tells guys to have sex and not commit. 20+ years ago men were told to man up and commit to her.

• ikr, makes it harder to find someone like that today

• I suppose turnoff for him should be the fact that you are 17, not the virgin part.

by the way I admire girls that want to wait certain amount of time.

• Nah I'm a Virgin as well anyway at 17 it's normal.

• No its not , i will want to lose my virginity to my wife if i marry.

• if he's a virgin no if he's not a virgin yes maybe

• No unlesss ur a dude

• You've got to be kidding, right? At your age, it'd be the biggest turn-on in the world for a guy to know you're still a virgin, and that you're waiting until you're in a committed relationship to have sex.

• Oh okay. So when I'm older it would be less of a turn on?

• Well, that'd be a pretty long way away. It'd start raising eyebrows, and be less of a turn-on, if you got to around, say, 25 and you still were one- but no need for you to worry about that.

• Alright then, thanks :)

• It would actually be a turn on for me

• Especially if she's trusting us to make it a good experience for her. That's a privilege

• Oh okay, thanks😊

• You're welcome 🙂

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• i'm 18 and im a virgin too, waiting to be in an actual relationship.
    Doesn't seem like it's gonna happen anytime soon though unless i miraculously meet a nice guy :/

• lol same here. It seems like most guys want to fuck straight away and they'll go to someone else if they can't get that

• i agree with you

• Exactly haha. Seems like a lot of girls do it to help flatter their ego. Lol yeah either way, and if they're right they'll wait for us:)

• Depends on the guy really. Plus i dont see how a much older man would be into a virgin unless he is a creep.

• Wait until marriage

• Depends on him. Cos some guys prefer virgins and some guys dont.

• At the age of 17 you should not be dating someone who is 30. That's illegal and Srof on so many levels lol

• I think that guy is a wizard..

• No. I'm also 17 and like a 19 year old. If he won't wait until you're 18 (a year is really not that long!) then he isn't worth it. But good for you, people always say "eww he's so much older" if you really like him do whatever you wish.

• I'm a virgin and I'm 25. If anything that would be a turn off. I think most people would be happy to know a 17 is a Virgin.