Is My Voice a Turn Off for Guys? I Mean, It's Not My Fault?

I have a speech impediment which makes my voice sound a bit higher then normal. I was born with it so I can't really help how I sound honestly.

I am starting to believe that the reason why I am still single is because of my voice. Every time I meet someone from online I never heard from them again after we meet.

Its really starting to bother me because as I said before, I was born with my speech impediment and I really can't help on how my voice sounds.

I just don't understand it..

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless your voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard, and given your attractive looks, I really think you're blaming an insecurity on your failure to get male attention.

It's easy to hone in on something we don't like about ourselves and make it become the sole reason we might not excel socially.

I really don't think it's your issue. I don't know what it is, maybe the insecurity itself, but I don't think it's the issue.

• Maybe it is insecurity and I am not doing it to get male attention. I'm just wondering about this is all. And to me, it doesn't sound like a chalkboard it's just higher then what a normal woman's voice should be

• No problem (and pretty sure it didn't sound like nails on a chalkboard, was trying to make a point that you don't need to worry about it so much). As much as you think a guy might not like it, there could be a bunch who find it adorable. Confidence attracts, you know? If you give off a glowing vibe, you could sound like a chipmunk and still get so many people desiring your company (men included).

• Wow. The second part that you wrote really made my day! I should just not care if they like my voice or not. Sometimes I do not care but I should stop caring about it all the time

Most Helpful Girl

• A speech impediment is something that prevents someone from talking normally.. a high pitched voice isn't that. Unless it's something CRAZY high and squeaky I doubt that's the issue. For me, if someone told me that and they just sounded like they had a higher voice then I'd think that they tend to over exaggerate about everything, which would be the turnoff. There are plenty of reasons why people never hear back from online dates, but I've rarely heard "too high of a voice" be a reason.

What Guys Said 18

• There's a website called "Vocaroo": http://vocaroo.com/

Record a 30-60 second clip of your voice, make your question anonymous and ask for user's opinions. That's the only way you'll get something close to a genuine answer.

• You are only 22 years old and have 80% of your statistical life ahead of you.

Do you want to find a nice partner, fall in love, get married, have babies and live in the house at the top of the hill? So did I.

There is nobody on this planet that can tell you it all came easy. There is always something blocking your desires from becoming reality.

You can still achieve a relationship even if you had no voice, so do not make an excuse that your voice or lack of normal voice is preventing you from happiness.

• Voice? It actually matters more than you think. Though the pitch probably isn't what the problem is. If you have a high pitch voice and you talk A LOT or tend to speak very loudly? Then that could be where the problem lies.

• thats not a turn off for me. its a problem that has no solution so i dont think its a problem, its alright

• Some guys are attracted to a higher, juvenile sounding voice. If you think it'd s problem, there are ways to permanently lower it.

• Not for me I have a really shit high pitched voice sound about 5 years younger.

• you can maybe get vocal coaching.

• I am willing to bet it's your demeanor.

• vocaroo. com/ so we can listen.

• I didn't even read it because that picture made me mad for some reason. Like it really rustled my jimmies. Actually ruined my day. srs

Thanks a lot OP

• I need to hear it first.

• Can i hear your voice? I doubt it's because of that though.

• As long as it's not nails on a chalkboard, it should be fine

• It shouldn't. They are losers anyway

• I'd find that surprising if it were true. So I'm doubtful.

• Im sure its not a turn off

• Maybe its the face and not the voice? You just never know

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• get out of america. who knows why people don't like high-pitched voices there.