I completely screwed up with a misunderstanding with my boyfriend. What do I do?

So I just got back from a 11 day vacation and texted my boyfriend "guess who is back?" :) and he responded "oh no trouble" then I stupidly don't stop without thinking what it meant and assumed that he didn't like me or like talking to me anymore ( I know I'm so stupid 😓) And so I asked " you don't like talking to me anymore? :(" and then he texted " no no no I love talking to you sweetheart I really missed you" I left because I had to do chores so I just avoided even responding (again I'm very stupid 😓) so now it's been 4 hours and I doubt he's on his phone. I completely screwed up.😓 What do I do? Thanks

Anyways I realized I have mistaken what he said, he was really just calling me names like trouble, which I always thought was cute. I've honestly never had a boyfriend before so I have no experience.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say, "I missed you too." He's not upset.

Most Helpful Girl

• That doesn't sound like a big deal at all... You must be young. Just go back to how it was.

What Guys Said 4

• Stand up to what you did. Say you misunderstood the first comment and that you missed him, too. End of the story. People really aren't remorseful when the one doing a mistakes stands up to that mistake.

• He probably doesn't even know there is a problem :)
    Just call him, maybe? Texting sucks because you can't sense the tone.

• Tell him you totally misunderstood it at the first moment, he will understand😂

• lol how can u not know that

What Girls Said 14

• Just respond lol.. Just say "hey babe i missed you too, sorry, was doing chores. I totally misunderstood what you meant earlier! I can't wait to see you again" and send a bunch of kissy faces.

• Well, maybe he is not mad. Just proceed to act the way you normally would around him and next time he says something like that remember that maybe he is just teasing.

• Just say "sorry I had to run, I've missed you"

Problem solved.

• Just apologize and explain that you misunderstood.

• Aw, that's so cute. Bless you two.

Anyway, maybe he's just busy? Give him at least a day to reply, I know that's hard. Seriously, I do. But he's probably just busy, I reckon.

<3

• You haven't screwed up. You aren't fighting or anything. Just call him, tell him how you feel and that you misunderstood the joke.

• Call him and apologise

• He's not thinking anything about this lol you're overthinking this

• Oh well, yure screwed.

• He's probably sleep my ex slept 20 hours of the day every day so yeah he might just be sleep

• get over it

• You go wherever he is, get all fixed up and just be like "Surprise! Wanna hang out"
    Or call him and say things like "I'm so sorry that was a stupid misunderstanding :("

• You are overreacting. You get back on the phone and say something simple like " i missed you to" with an appropriate emoji and all will be right with the world, then he'll think you were just being coy and not being stupid... what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

• you shouldn't take it so seriously . I don't think you screwed up continue normal