Should I go out with him if he's not usually 'my type'?

Long story short, I generally am drawn to gym junkies that are confident to the point of being arrogant (not saying all gym junkies are arrogant, it just seems to be the type of people I gravitate towards). However, lately (for about two months), I've been talking to a guy that is a complete 180 from what I usually go for.
He's super nice and I can talk to him for hours about stupid shit. Should I go for him? He treats me like a queen, whereas my last boyfriend nearly always made me anxious and was generally a dick.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Your type" is usually a silly notion unless its derived from experience. That's like saying what your favorite food is without sampling a variety, and just going by pictures and stories you've heard about how the food might taste like.

Anyway, go for it. Broaden your horizons.

Gym rats might be vain but they're not always arrogant or conceited. Their bodies are like subjects to be sculpted into perfection.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for it! I've dated plenty of awesome men who "weren't my type". Even fell for a couple of them!

What Guys Said 5

• Honestly if you know what's good for you, you better go with this guy lol. Just be continuesly heartbroken with your type

• No. You shouldn't meet a guy just because he treats you "like a queen." That phrase alone says A LOT about your personality. Yikes.

• um... yeah?

• no every guy u chase must look like connor murphy

• If you aren't attracted to his type, why go for him just because 'hes super nice'? You like douchebags, go for them. Just don't be surprised that one day you're 40 years old, single with a child and the father is nowhere to be found.

What Girls Said 3

• Definelty give him a chance. You might surprise yourself.

• I say go for it!

• Yes, absolutely give him a fair chance.