Will you Date a girl who's into mechanics and engineering?

Would you date a girl who's into mechanics and engineering? Or other stereotypical non feminine things?

Would you date a girl who is really intelligent?

Not necessarily trying to compete with men but just doing what she loves

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, as long as she is still a woman.

Most Helpful Girl

• don't think it really matters as long as she's attractive.

What Guys Said 22

• For me, it doesn't matter what she is into. As long as we have some common interests and she is somewhat intelligent then it will work out. Personally specifying a major that you must find a girl to be interested in to like her is way to specific and is something that will be very hard to satisfy your standards. Take it from me as an engineering major, there isn't too many girls in my classes so I know that I must find some girls from other majors to be with 😜

• OMG!! YES!!! I LOVE SMART GIRLS!! I NEED someone that understands me, and doesn't think I just want a little cute girl!!
    I NEED THAT SMART GIRL!! GODS, my mind is turning to mush, at my job with the idiots that I work with!!
    I would give up sex, of ANY KIND, for a year, just to have a smart girl to talk to, that really understands me, and loves that I like thinking BIG THINGS!!

• OMG! She's marriage material!

• This pains me to here. This may not be the answer you are looking for but its how i feel. Screw "feminine"and all thats stuff, all that matter is if he loves you for who you are... think about it, one day u will find someone who loves you for that and maybe even has the same interests in engineering as well! And you will be so happy that you are able to remain your true self and have a wonderul partner.

• Of course I would.

• I have dated women engineers and I LOVE smart women. My last girlfriend was a PhD candidate in biochemistry. I also dated an MD grad student too.

However, I am not average. I am super smart. I have plenty of female engineer friends who have had a really tough time with ordinary guys. Normal guys are intimidated by them.

• That would be nice ! I sure would ! I just hope she wouldn't look all manly, If she looks like a girl, she's a catch !
    I knew a girl who was a car mechanic. Damn, she looked more manly than I did.

• Sure, I don't see why not.

• Of course. I'm a 3rd year engineering student myself so that would be a huge plus for me. Intelligence is sexy and a girl who can mentally challenge me is a rarity.

• Sure.

• Yes I would

• that's my preference, my fiancee is in school to be a civil engineer. love a woman who's good at what she does and ultimately bring it back to our home country.

• Sure

• i studied car mechanics and welding so it would be great if we had something like that in common.

• Yep, as long as she's attractive and has a good personality

• Heck yea, that would be fun conversations! Plus we could spend more time together.

• yup then I don't need mechanic for repairing works lol

• sure.

• Yeah as long as shed teach me lol

• Yeah I want a girl I can learn useful things from.

• Sure, I don't see a problem with it as long as she doesn't try to show me up and just gets into with me instead

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• I have a BSME and no employer will even consider me for a position because I am a woman. I had one prospective employer even come out and say there's no way a woman can understand mechanical things.

I do work on my own cars sometimes and always work on my own Harley and it kind of puts guys off and I don't like it. I am into the girly stuff too like sewing, crochet and needlepoint but that's just when it's too cold to be outside.

• Guys don't care. I'm pre med and guys are always all over me.

• If i were a dude hell ya 8)

• I'm not a not guy so no but if I was yes.