Are my standards too high?

I've been single for over 12 years, but I refuse to lower my standards, even if it means being single forever. I'm very stubborn when it comes to standing up for what I believe is right. So here are my standards:

1. The woman must like nice decent men, not bad boys.

2. The woman must not go out drinking on a regular basis. Once in a blue moon is okay, but not often.

3. The woman must not be a feminist.

4. The woman must not go to male doctors for intimate exams.

5. The woman must not watch the Jeremy Kyle or Jerry Springer show.

6. The woman must be passionate about love and commitment.

Are these standards reasonable? I think they are, considering women usually have high standards.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think your standards are your all of your problem. As someone who has disagreed with you before, you're actually just very unreasonable, one sided and close minded. It's really odd to me that you don't want a "feminist" yet you come across like the male version of this-towards women
    67.media.tumblr.com/.../...rrNT5g1sek2a3o1_500.gif

And when that is pointed out to you, you have a melt down like a child. Examples-You called me a slut (even though i'm not) and you said you would slap me if you could. No woman (in their right mind at least) would want someone they can't have a simple disagreement with- without that person acting like a wacko over it.

Maybe a woman who is interested in you, doesn't want to have a gender war with you constantly. Maybe a woman who is interested in you doesn't want to be flamed as a "brainwashed, slut, feminist" every time she points you out on your extremely bias and unreasonable ways.

It feels like you just want a clone of yourself and that's very unlikely to happen. Unless you want a woman who can't think for herself.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only unreasonable one is the once about doctors. Are you really that insecure that you can't handle her being inspected by a man?

• Let's see. Another red blooded male examining her most intimate body parts. Why on earth would I be insecure about that? (rolls eyes).

• I argue that a (why the bloody hell do you reuse the "red blooded male" thing?) WILL in fact look at a female, but, unlike you, will have the common sense to do his job. I look at women all the time but that doesn't mean will jump out of my pants to fuck them every chance I get.

• okay then, maybe you wouldn't mind if the male doctor was perving on your girlfriend while examining her vagina and sticking his fingers in her pussy and ass, but I wouldn't be happy with that at all. He's a man first and job second. You're a perfect example of how stupid and brainwashed society has become. The stupidity is just unbearable.

What Girls Said 26

• Yes the standards are reasonable. However #4 and #5 you don't have control over. If you can't trust the woman to make rational decisions about her health or her own well being if you think something sexual may go on, then it's not her, it's you. I can understand about the shows, because it's nothing but negativity and garbage. Even though you can learn about some things about what type of people to avoid in life, I can agree. But you can't control what she watch. And no, you shouldn't have to lower your standards if this is what you want. There is somebody out there that can meet them, but it may take a while. As long as it makes you happy. Most people go for anything and everybody, and it doesn't last long or they end up miserable.

• I think 4 and 5 are perfectly reasonable. If a woman cannot respect 4 and 5 then she's not worth it anyway.

• I've come across many women who said that there was no female nurse in the room when they were getting examined.

• @Asker Then it is still illegal. She should request that a female nurse or assistant be present at the time of examination. Otherwise, she shouldn't be seen. Sadly many of theses clinics will do whatever they want. If she doesn't know the law, you can tell her this.

• 1/2) Shouldn't be an issue
    3) well that depends on your definition of feminist. if you expect a woman to waive her right to vote and instead be regarded as property, then you're probablyout of luck

4) that's a little weird, but I think a whole lot of women actually prefer female doctoes
    5) That's also oddly specific and is Jerry Springer still on the air?
    6) also shouldn't be an issue

So no, judging from that no. But I'm guessing those aren't all of your standards. There will probably requirements about how she looks, or being a virgin or something random. Those very well might be too high

• No, "high standards" would be a basically endless list of characteristics you expect her to have and if you'd definitely not date anyone who lacks even one of those criteria. Though even then, they are only ever "too high" standards when you fail to meet them yourself.

• But most women would never accept my standards.

• @Bandit74 Yeah that would be one example of him being extremely lucky having found someone like that but, see, if someone is overweight, smokes and drinks on a regular basis and has poor hygiene and expects a model-like looking person which never smokes or drinks and takes a lot of care of themselves to be their partner that WOULD be too high (or just ridiculous?) standards. Think of it in terms of 'leagues', as much as I hate that expression.
      You're most likely not gonna end up successful if you only fish out of your league.

• Lol, Well obviously in that example he's not going to meet her standards. My point was just that you don't need to match them trait for trait as long as you pocess traits that the other person values and that the overall value you bring to the table is similar to the value they bring to the table.

Like a guy doesn't need to have model quality looks to get a model but he does need to be average looking and have other valuable characteristics to make up for what he lacks in looks. Models shack up with less attractive men all the time but they are generally wealthy and talented men. So like I said they aren't matching standards traight for traight but they are matching overall value.

I agree that leauges exist but they are about total value rather than just physical appearances.

• After seeing some of your myTakes, I can say that it's not your standards which are too high, it's just your persona that makes no one like you (no wonder why).

• Number 4 & 5 seem a little ridiculous to me.

• No.4, stupid & ridiculous.
    Good luck

• Nope, these are all a matter of personal preference. To be honest, its not unreasonable but if it ever comes to her opposing to it, a compromise would have to happen.

You shouldn't have to lower your standards, never settle for second best ;)

• Only problems I see are 4 and 5 other than that you don't have to lower your standards. And ayee props to 3, fuck feminism ^O^

• Number four is quite ridiculous. I've had a kinda private exam (boobs basically) with a male doctor and he ended up treating me. It was quite a scary experience but he made me comfortable and I couldn't have asked for better treatment.

• 1. What if they like both?
    2. Do you drink on a regular basis? If not I don't see a problem with that.
    3. So you don't want you girlfriend to believe in equal rights? Okay...
    4. this is just stupid... would you prefer your girlfriend to be infected down there?
    5. I don't know those shows.
    6. This one I think is completely reasonable.

• i ve never had a male gynecologist... but must admit they r more talanted and rare than most women gynecologists

• Your #4 is ridiculous. It's a doctor not a love interest for gods sake. 🙄

• I would never want another male checking out my girlfriends most intimate parts. Only a brainwashed fool would believe that there's nothing wrong about this. Those are my standards and I stand by them.

• Well good luck with that. I've had both genders for gyn exams and all have been very professional. I have no fears about going to a male dr. and yeah, I'm pretty decent looking too.

• That's up to you. I just would never want a woman that went to male doctors for those exams. Each to their own.

• I lol'd at #4 like who even refers to a gynecological exam as an 'intimate exam' just lol

• Those are just ridiculous

• Control freak. Maybe you should try being a Dom because bitch this is mental

• Typical feminist. It's okay for women to have high standards but not men. I wouldn't want a woman like you anyway. Get lost.

• Those are perfect standards and I have all of them 😃.

They're not that high though.

• i am not all except no. 1 :D bad boys are cool...
    though.. yeah.. your standards are not that high! goodluck for looking xD hahaha

• Wtf?
    You wanna put your woman to a prison?

• I don't think these are unreasonable at all.

• Wtffff

• Haha I think the standards are ok. You just probably haven't found that special one.

• They are. But 4 and 5 are a bit stupid as firstly sometimes we don't have a choice over our doctors. And we'D be there for a reason so think that's more important than their orientation
    and number 5 is their choice. Doesn't change their personality. I'm sure you watch programmes other women don't like

• I don't think they're bad

• Lol. Funny!

• "Are my standards too high?"
    Stop, they are.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 22

• Even for gag satire this is bad.

• Yeah they all sound reasonable exept these

These just seem pointless. I can see you wanting someone who does not like the shows but why must she not watch them?

• I have a more limited list: Can't watch Oprah or make fun of immigrants.
    Must giggle when her bottom is pinched.

• They don't seem too strict but I wouldn't openly admit to the 4th one. Like if you want to reject women who fail to meet that standard, that's fine but I wouldn't tell them that's the reason. It just brings unnecessary drama into your life and if you read the comments thats the one they are most likely to get pissy about.

• I always go by my conscience, and the idea of another man getting access to my girlfriend's or wife's vagina just seems very wrong. But society is completely brainwashed so I wouldn't expect most women to understand.

• Nope. Your standards are perfect for repelling women. It'll be good to weed this kind of bigotry out of the gene pool.

• What's wrong with going to male doctors? You're a bit over the top.

• naw man. There not "too high" but rather kinda' odd. Im thinking this list above isn't the sole reason you're single for 12 years.

• i think the part about intimate doctors is unreasonable. and i dont know who jerry springer is or jeremy kyle is so i can't talk about that.

• I know mine are probably too high as well (single for 11 years). Oh well, if it means never getting laid again until die in 30-40 years so be it. I've realized keeping it in my pants is better than settling for less and dealing with the drama like I did in my 20's.

• Lolol "4. The woman must not go to male doctors for intimate exams."
    You really think doctors give a shit about that? They see hundreds of vaginas every day. Give me a fucking break. You deserve to be single.

• Depends on how wealthy you are. If you make a seven figure income, you can afford to have high standards. However, if you make an income that's at poverty level, you you have to lower your standards to fugly fat chicks. Remember this rule: Men want the hottest women he can afford while women go for the richest man she can attract.

• Oddly specific, and I don't necessarily think that 4 should be a problem, but these are not unreasonable in my opinion.

• I totally disagree with them but they aren't too high, it seems reasonable to find someone who fits in those. Are you sure you don't have other, unconscious ones though that are holding you back?

• I think all are OK except for 4,5

• Ok these arn't high standards just like weird standards.

• retards like u deserve to not get laid

• They aren't high, but they are kinda stupid.
    What is wrong with going to a male doctor?

• Jeremy kyle is my show haha

• Honestly, women like that just doesn't exist, feminism turned them into monsters and women don't realize it yet, put they are f&*(^%$ up the world. They basically shot themselves in the foot.

I feel sorry for women in a way, because by the time they realize what they have done, it will be too late for men to return to how things were... when that happens... may God be with women... because we are surely going to f%^& them up badly.

• Some of those are really trivial.

• Actually reasonable (though not reasonable according to femi-Nazi LOL).

• nope its not