Why is she avoiding to kiss me?

I've been dating this girl for a while and we have not kissed yet. We've had four dates each of which are fun and usually involve us talking for hours. I really feel like there is good chemistry between us. At the end of the date, she puts distance between us and avoids eye contact. I can't tell if she's shy, not interested, or friendzoning me. So we usually just end the night with a nice hug. Should I try harder to kiss her or attempt a kiss in the middle of the date? Should I talk to her about this? Ask her if she is interested in me and why she is avoiding me at the end of the date.

What Girls Said 2

• Some people wouldn't suggest asking because it's too straighforward, and if she's shy that will come off the wrong way.. but I prefer that usually over anything else. I would say.. next time, try to go in for the kiss, and if she pushes you away ask her what's wrong. And you should get some more insight then.

• No, don't try to hard. If she doesn't want to be kissed, that will not be good. You can talk to her about it if you want.

What Guys Said 1

• She's probably just not ready for the kiss.