My boyfriend says pedophilic/insulting things but says he's joking?

I was waiting in a line with my boyfriend the other day and there was these two little girls ( around 5 years old) standing in the line and he said " imagine them making out with each other" I said "gross.." but he kept going saying " those two girls are going to get fucked by those two other boys" and he pointed at two little boys the same age. I said " baby, that's really disturbing please don't say that" then he pointed to another small girl being held by her father and she was smiling and he said " She's opening her mouth getting it ready to suck a dick". When I told what he was saying really bothered me he said " I'm just joking! I like to make extreme jokes sometimes". My boyfriend will often call me fat, ugly, stupid, etc. If I ever get upset, he just tells me something like " its a joke baby! It's funny to call you fat because you're not fat at all!" He rarely compliments me. Sometimes he will accidentally hurt me and I'll say " it's ok" and laugh it off and then he will hurt me again in the same way on purpose and expect me to laugh. Is his heart in the right place or is he a creep?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, he sounds like a weird mf. These aren't NORMAL jokes, nor are they funny. No one in the world is going to think those "jokes" are funny. Also ESPECIALLY because you said it's disturbing, it's disrespectful that he'll continue when you've made it clear that it makes you uncomfortable. NOT ONLY THAT, he disrespects you by calling you fat, ugly, and stupid. If that's the rapport you guys have with each other then fine, but I'm of the opinion that a guy should never put his girlfriend down like that. And it sounds like you're really not okay with that either because it hurts you. Tell him to grow the fuck up, stop making disgusting, inappropriate, pedophilic jokes, and be more considerate of your feelings. And if he can't do that then maybe you're better off finding someone else. He isn't something I'd put up with.

What Guys Said 11

• Not cool. Not funny. Reveals a lot about the focus of his mind.

• He needs to go. Now. You can do better. You deserve better.

• I don't think anyone jokes about that more than once. If it happened 1 time, you could chalk it up to stupidity and poor taste. More than that and he'll be wearing a ring soon - not wedding but anklet after he get's out of jail from being a registered sex offender

• Hasn't he ever heard that sometimes, jokes aren't funny? This is just terrible. He needs to go.

• And you're his girlfriend, why exactly?

Seriously, I wanna know what you're doing with him.

• Lol wat? Seems he fails trying to be funny. He's he older than 20?

• we're both 18

• It's not uncommon to find dudes that age saying crap, majority just wants to seem funny, or just get weird reactions from the people, just because they like to provoque.

But still, see how he behaves with children.

• Okay.

• I left reading at the boys point

• Not sure. If he is talking about two children doing sexual things then how is it paedophilic.

• Calls you those names and your still with him.

• I went to all boys school and we had pretty extreme sense of humour, sometimes borderline sick. But in the context you say this, it is a bit worrying.

What Girls Said 16

• He's a super creep and an ass hole. Those are not normal "jokes" and you're right to find them disturbing - those comments are VERY disturbing... on top of that, he's mean to you and then brushes it off instead of apologizing when you tell him he hurt your feelings. I really don't think he is a good person or someone you should continue spending your time with. Sounds like he's gradually pushing your boundaries and seeing how much you'll put up with and I really don't want to find out how far that's gonna go...

• Honestly jokes like that are just disgusting. After a while of "joke" insulting you too I would get annoyed if he doesn't get the hint, not everything is funny for other people.

• He's a creep and a total freaking douche bag.

• I say this from experience..
    Guys that make disturbing jokes JUST to bother you are early signs of an abusive partner.
    He's testing you. Seeing what he can get away with.
    Leave now before he thinks he can get away with more.

He sounds like he needs psychological help from a professional.

• Those jokes about the kids are all types of wrong. I wouldn't be suprised if you find child porn or the porn where grown women act as children

• Yeah... I was kinda thinking she should have a looksee through his computer...

• Though I sure as fuck wouldn't want to be the one to find those images!! I honestly don't know what to advise her but his comments are truly, truly disturbing... like he's seeing how much she will go along with...

• No, he's a creep. That's classic abusive behaviour. He's grooming you before he starts beating the shit out of you and/or destroying you emotionally.

www.respect4women.org/.../cycle-of-abuse.gif

• He's a creep and you deserve much better than a guy who thinks its funny to hurt you, disturb you and insult you. you can do better. Let him go please.

• Comments like those are not jokes. They are disturbing and not normal for someone to find funny and I wouldn't be surprised if he really is a pedophile. Also, he is using the "it's a joke" excuse to get away with all this shit. He is blantently disrespecting you and needs to grow up.

• Um that's kinda creepy and he shouldn't be insulting you like that!

• That's just disgusting. And more disgusting if you stay with this guy. Joking or not, that type of thing is not cool.

I'd be single by now find were you. Just Eewwk!!!

• He just has a soft spot for dark humor. Made me laugh hard though when he said the little girl ready to suck a dick 😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹
    But at the same time my mind is conflicting between what a freak and what the fuck.

• Your boyfriend should be dating his hand.

• He is weird. For me.. the jokes are not tolerablr, becoz it is repeated. Thats not funny, thats not a joke. Thats weird.

• Talk about sick... dump him

• God he sounds awful. My advice is to leave. i couldnt stand someone like that

• Those are NOT normal jokes. If he can say things like that with no problem maybe he is a pedo? Or at least has the thoughts. Run away from him now! This guy has huge issues and can't be helped. You really want this creep in your life?