Does he really want to be friends? Or is that just an easy way out? Should I give it a try?

I met a guy online who travels for work. Because of bad timing, he was leaving for a 3 week trip around the time I started talking to him. We ended up texting almost all day every day while he was gone. I grew to really like him - funny, sweet, honest, sexy.

When he finally came back, we went out on a date, which I thought went well. Conversely, he called to tell me that he really liked me as a person but didn't feel romantic feelings toward me and was interested in being friends. I told him I needed to think about it for a while.

I really liked him as a person and we had a lot in common. I'm already kind of missing talk to him. We didn't do anything sexually other than kiss, so while I'm disappointed nothing romantic came out of it, I'm now debating if I should try to be friends with him.

Does he seriously want to be friends? Is it a bad idea to try, will I ultimately get hurt from this? Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ultimately, it still comes down to you whether or not you want to initiate a friendship. It will be hard to just remain friends especially because you have started developing feelings already. It is so much easier for women to get emotionally involved compared to men. So unless you are certain that remaining friends won't affect you- why not.

But if you feel that you will just fall harder then its probably best to avoid yourself from the hurt and move on to someone who is interested in you.

What Guys Said 1

• There's not really any benefit to being friends with him. Unless you're just a super lonely person, desperate for anyone to even text with you.

What Girls Said 1

• He is willing to be friends with you, you can be friends with him. However you need to be prepared as someday he will introduce or talk about the new girl he likes.