Girls, why do you date older guys?

Why is it that I see girls in their early twenties dating guys in their late twenties a lot? How much older do you usually date? What age do you usually shoot for?

Most Helpful Girl

• Preferably 29 and older.

These are *my* reasons. I cannot and do not speak for anyone else.

Know how to react and handle a woman when she's upset.

More patient and understanding
    - I've got a bit of a temper, sometimes

They've been working on their bodies for years, so they understand that my routine and diet is not to be f**ked with.

Already 'played the field' and tasted the rainbow (lmao).

Ready to commit and settle down; not just to hit it and quit it.

Financially responsible and stable (or starting to be). As well as overall responsible

They still act like kids, but know when it's time to be serious

Less likely to run away from a fight/argument.
    - They'll sit down and talk it out * * Hot as hell when a man does that.

Usually more thoughtful and caring
    - Had one offer to drive 45+ min to bring me soup when I was sick. Same man would pick me up coffee (remembered it after I told him ONCE) on days I didn't get enough sleep.

Egos aren't as fragile as younger men (DOES NOT apply to *all* younger men).

Last one (though there's plenty more) is that they're sexually experienced. They know where they stand on sex. Their limits, what they like, etc.

-

• Better have read this shit!

• Basically me except I'm not older than 29😜

Most Helpful Guy

• Females are taught that guys their own age lack maturity and stability, so a lot of them go on thinking they're actually mature enough and stable enough to date an older man, when they're usually no more mature than the young guys they have a problem with. It's about novelty for women more than anything I think. Yet what's funny is that they will be offended when a guy likes older women or try to write him off as just wanting sex with an "experienced" woman.

Younger women don't impress me by wanting older men, myself included.

What Girls Said 38

• It's been a long time since I've dated an older guy. But the times I did, it was typically because the guys my age were really just sort of a mess. Lol.

A lot of them weren't all that confident, they had no direction, no real thought provoking opinions, etc. So there was a short period that I went for guys who were older than me, since I found they had everything that the younger gents lacked.

For me I'm open when it comes to who I date age wise. Assuming we get on, I'll go no more than a year or two younger, the same age as me, or about 6+ years older. There could potentially be exceptions though.

• Not trying to theoretically stroke your lady cock here but I'd imagine that a lot of guys can't challenge you mentally from what I've espied of you on here. You seem pretty intelligent and when that is accompanied with confidence it's deadly. Would imagine that could make a lot of guys insecure. So it would make sense for you to prefer older men.

Question... do you feel like men are more physically attractive when they are older (Late twenties/early thirties)? Or.. do you believe most of these women are just solely attracted the mental connection that they have with older men (e. g. emotional maturity, financial stability, and self assurance) and that alone trumps everything else.

Obviously from a sociological perspective men seem to be more visual when it comes to choosing their female partners whereas women look at men from a more broad and divergent lens. Despite all of that my question remains though- do women find men more physically attractive at older ages?

• @Smmyskittles @Smmyskittles "I'd breath just to get hit. And yes, I REALLY want to see how hard I can be smacked before damage is done."

^^ This discussion should probably go to pm at this point, I'd say.

Nah, I think yr taste is more mainstream than mine here. Most women want men who are bigger than them in every physical dimension. Taller, heavier, wider, etc.

For long-term partners, in fact, most women *don't* like guys who are very ripped. (The most appealing form overall is more on the "bouncer" side of things.)

• They're more mature. The guy I'm seeing is 24 and he's the first older guy I date. It sure as hell is different from dating someone my age.

• How is it different?

• @guyngals lmao, I don't know how to translate what I mean correctly, that's why you always see me say different things hehe

• Hahaha yup 😜 thats me to a T 😉

• I really don't know. I won't date a guy more than four years older than me. I always get creeped out by older guys hitting on me. Some guy from my math class was 26 and him hitting on me, seriously grossed me out.

• I have no idea, I tend to work better with dudes that are younger. XD

My current boyfriend is 22, so there is a 2 year gap between us. Though majority of the time I keep forgetting he's younger because he doesn't act younger. So honestly he acts more mature than most older men women tend to see. Sure they would have more experience but why would I want a guy who's already experienced everything? That's boring as hell and not as much fun compared to being with someone that at least at times has no idea what he's doing but just bullshits until it works. XD

So chicks that say only older men are mature and all of that. It's total bullshit since it doesn't matter your age because 20 year old can be more mature than some 40 year old.

• They tend to be more mature and stable/comfortable in life, meaning less insecurities & drama going on. That's really already all there is to it. I don't rule out guys my age or slightly younger just for their age right away either, though.

• Lots of reasons... they're more mature, more stable, more likely to be interested in a real relationship...

• I like older guys one day I will date one

• Because I'm not into calling a younger dude daddy ☺️

• I haven't understood this concept either. And I come from a family where on my father's side every relationship between a man and a woman has an age gap of at least 8 years (and the man is always the older one). What can I say? The men on my father's side (and dad too) are good at picking up women. 😂
    My current boyfriend (and the only one I have had so far) is one and a half year older than me. I would rather stick with guys only a few years older (from 1 to 3 years) than me.

• Before my husband there was a huge she gap which I don't reccomend.
    If I were looking to date? No more than five years and not younger than me.
    My husband is 23 and I'm 19.
    I know everyone talks about maturity but it's true. I honestly don't think many 19 year olds would fit my standards with how they act and think.
    I know how my guy was at 19 and it was pretty gross. He's grown a lot in the last few years.
    It sounds stupid but I wanted a man, not a teenager. When I looked at him I wanted to see daddy dom I guess not a peer.
    I think a lot of younger women look for stability and an older guy who's kinda got his stuff together by then is appealing.

• I guess they like it? I don't know. I wouldn't want to date a guy who's more than 3 years older or younger than me. The closer to my age, the better.

• 😂 guys in their late twenties. Like that's 'older guys' 😂😂😂 I date older than that because of: maturity, sense of humour, good manners, is a gentleman and I think men age like wine.

• I find them more interesting and experienced

• They're more interesting and they know what to talk about, they have things to say besides their muscles. They're experienced in life and much more intellectual than guys my age. Guys my age only want to bang the next girl they seein sight.

• I don't date but if I was going to date someone it would be older. He or she can't be more than 6 or 7 years older than me. I don't know I've never really thought about dating anyone younger than me. The only person I dated who was younger than me was a guy in high school and he was 15 and I was 16.

• I dont like old guys. The oldest i would date is 26, and when i get older i plan to still date men in their 20s

• Cuz younger ones or peers are immature shits if you are 18 to 28.

• That's a gross generalization.

• @dontknow12 That's exactly my point, I even said there are plenty of generalizations about young women on here. I never said their all immature, nor that they all want sex.

• @dontknow12 you're being immature continuing the same blabber over and over again. I did not say i am better than you either.

Let me tell you something. Only the men with small penis get offended by the post of 'size matters' topic. And now you sound like one of them. I won't be answering more, you can continue talking by yourself

• Slightly more mature than those around my age, at least that's my excuse.

• You of all people asking this? lol
    Generally speaking, girls mature faster than guys. I've always dated guys ~5 years older just because they're more likely to want a relationship and be serious. Most guys our age are just looking for a lay.

• It's sort of a rebuttal of all the questions on this topic this morning. All the girls were saying that's creepy. I was like DF? I see this all the time lol. I think it's because it's almost an insult to a lot of women when they hear that as if they have some sort of shelf life.

• Well it kind of is... Every man craves youth. Thats why there are sugar daddies and men cheating on their spouses with girls half their age. A lot of men can't accept the fact that a woman will age (along with themselves i might add). It's hypocrisy. At the age of 30 i think it would be very difficult in terms of dating.

• Most of the men in my family got married in their early thirties. I think it's harder for women to date at an older age versus men. Which I think a lot of women just don't like to hear lol. It just seems to be true though from what I've seen

• Because I love maturity and confident in guys. I've dated only two older guys one 31 and the other 35. I loved the chivalry. It didn't work out because they wanted something serious.

• Because young guys are assholes

• I like gentlemen 40 and older. Im very attracted and i love the stability.

• Not like too old. I like guys that are 2-5 years older than me.

• Because older guys knows more
    Less drama
    Lol

• Because they are more mature.

• They are more mature, thoughtful etc. I usually date guys 18-21.

• I shoot guys minimum 16 maximum 19

• I don't.

• I date younger guys

• because they are mature

• More from Girls
    8

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 13

• Just the calmness and stability more than anything i think. They're just finding their own feet in the big bad world which is a scary thing and they know we'll be there for them if they need it. We generally take their freak outs and emotional swings in our stride rather than returning it with anger or ignoring it

Of course there's always the financial safety net too lol. A 30 year old with his own place can almost let the 21 year old graduate pursue her career/ambitions without fear of paying bills and putting food on the table. Despite what girls say to the contrary that is a BIG plus.

• - Our maturity
    - How we talk to them
    - We listen to them
    - We empower them in many ways
    - The range of experiences we give them
    - Our security, both in ourselves and financially
    - Skill in Bed

Lastly, young boys push women to us for as a rule you have no clue with women

• I guess they view them as more financially stable and mature. Also girls complain that guys their age just want to sleep around so maybe they think the older guys are more likely to be looking for something serious.

• Daddy issues

or...

"they're more mature and (financially) stable" (read: "they can take care of my immature penniless ass")

IMHO a 30-year old guy going for a 22-year old girl who's not exceptionally (and I really mean exceptionally) mature for her age can't be very mature himself (or he's simply not serious about her).

• My mother and father have an 8 year age gap like that and my dad was at the top of his game at age 30. Was driving a brand new corvette. Was making 6 figures. had a lot of experience etc.

• My father is 16 years older than my mother (they divorced long ago though) and I'm 100% sure my mother simply used him to get away from her family and hometown (she basically admitted this years later).

Here's to hoping your mother was an exceptionally mature 22-year old, but even if she was not and was instead attracted to the security and game of your father and he happened to like her I'm not saying that's wrong per se.

• Lmao college chick life -

Year 1 Meet savage fucboys that play em like g. o. a. t qb Brady
    Year 2 Desided to turn lesbian cos savage fucboy were too savage and they feel guilty
    Year 3 their frustrated vag give up and then decide to hook up with older guys cos they looking for more lmao

• Younger women tend to:
    -Like my new Mustang
    -Like the way I dress
    -Like the fact that I have my own place
    -Like the fact that I have great job

And... now it's easier to pick up younger women. I just ask them about what kind of car they drive, then I casually mention my car and then they want to ride around with me... lol

• No offense but that sounds lame as fuck. I hope my self worth would be higher than the fact that I drive a mustang.

• They love us older dudes cuz we are awesome😎

• They just like to pretend that they're fuking their dad

• i like older women too.

• No matter, we are still better than them.

• because $$$

• I've always found it interesting that girls will want to date a guy that's older than them because they are more mature and claim that guys their own age are less mature than themselves, yet, one of the reasons why they like older men is because they know how to handle their immature attitudes. Which has less to do with the guy being more mature than it does him just being more experienced.

There's this one girl that I fooled around with before she knew my age and I was looking to start a relationship with her, but when she found out that I am 4 years younger than she is. . . she all of a sudden doesn't want to be with me in anyway and has told me a few times that she hates that she is like that, but she can't help but let it bother her.

• I wonder the same exact thing. No wonder so many younger men want to date cougars.