Girls do you like when guys pay for dates and surprise you with flowers and thoughtful gifts?

Just curious what you all think about this. I personally like doing it once I'm really into the girl and she likes me as well.

• yes i love that shit
  • nope i feel uncomfortable

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course i like it who wouldnt? but at the same time i do feel guilt and normally perfer to contribute around half.

• Some girls seem to. Lol

What Girls Said 21

• its super corny, but i love it. its always nice to feel appreciated and wanted... makes us feel special. almost all people want that...

• I just like to do romantic stuff sometimes. Lol

• thats not a bad thing at all.
      it makes her feel good and it makes u feel good to know u made her feel good. its a win win!

• Pay for every date? No.. I wouldn't be comfortable with the guy paying for everything all the time... I'm an independent girl who can pay as well... I'd like if he pays for the first.. and then I'll pay for the second and so on.. flowers sound really sweet 😊🌹🍁🌸🍀🌼

• It's awesome and cute when you only do it sometimes, but if you do it too often, it can get annoying. And also, some girls may not like you randomly giving her expensive gifts all the time, so save those for special occasions like her birthday or a holiday.
    flowers, however, are another story. personally, I LOOOOOOOVE THEM and I can't get enough of them. most of the girls I know also like flowers a lot, it's really nice to know a guy cares enough to give you flowers/gifts. but it's NOT nice if you insist on paying on every. single. date. like i said earlier, it's only nice when you o it sometimes.

• Yes I agree with you. It shouldn't be done too often.

• My husband sent me flowers today and I squealed when I got them.
    I love getting flowers.

In the begining having someone pay for you is uncomfortable (at least for me) and I try to find the cheapest options to be considerate if I know they're paying.

• Thats very thoughtful

• Combination of "love that shit," and "feel uncomfortable." It's really sweet and nice sometimes, but I'd rather spend quality time with him, and that we show each other we care deeply in normal ways. Actions, not gifts

• I feel you!

• Like I'd be down if it were Christmas, our anniversary, or one of us got promoted. Pop bottles! But otherwise I'm okay 😂 Fewer, and more meaningful gifts.

• Always meaningful gifts. lol yep pop bottles 😉

• When a man pays for me usually I feel uncomfortable and I don't think that it will change. I am not a great fan of flowers, though I love making and receiving surprises.
    Thoughtful gifts sound very good for me.

• I hate flowers, I have bad allergies. So id act haooy but actually be dying in the inside. But yes, its very nice. I think couples should do these things for eachother.

• Not unless we're already in a relationship for a while. Before that... no. Don't do any of that shit.

• I'm a romantic so I love that stuff! <3

• I'd love it, and I'd do the same for him :)

• I like when they actually want to buy me something nice. The bill doesn't matter we can half. But don't just do it cause it's what movies tell me is right.

• You like thoughtful gifts?

• It's nice but honestly sometimes it's weird when it's just a first date type thing cause then it's like.. I have to get you something now. Lol I would like silly gifts

• Well not the first date but i got you. 😊

• Paying for the date, sure, but gifts make me feel uncomfortable if we haven't been dating long... like he's trying to buy my affection or something. Just not something I like.

• I don't look at it as "buying her affection" but more like trying to impress her. Now I'm not going over the top with gifts until we are very serious.

• Better not to start off with that kind of stuff on a first date - feel her out a bit first and see if she's the kind of girl who'd be into that kind of thing or not.

• Depends on the guy... I like it when it's coming from the heart not when it feels like a bribe.

• It's a thoughtful and loving thing do to, who wouldn't like that?

• I don't like it; I don't let my boyfriend spend money on me.

• I'm very allergic to pollen so I despise flowers. I can't keep them in the house. I have asthma attacks when I walk by flower beds.

I hate when people pay for me because then I feel like I owe them something. The only exceptions are my parents and grandparents because they are lucky to have me and I'm a fucking delight. (Last part is directly quoted from my badass grandpa.)

• Makes me feel uncomfortable... And I'm not a fan of flowers.

• Oh heck yeah!

• I never had that happened to me but I would love that!

• You gotta ask. Most guys wouldn't just do it. Lol

• Wrong question sorry.

• Vote B.

I don't like men paying for anything
    I don't like flowers
    I physically refuse all gifts and have a very real phobia about small, tiny boxes.

• I think it's a sweet gesture, but no I don't want that. I like to pay for myself so there is no stress or expectations. I am not comfortable receiving gifts, unless we can exchange them (I give him something and he gives me something).

• But I don't really expect anything thing tho. I'm sure some guys probably do.

• Well I hope your lady appreciates you and what you do! :)

• Thanks!!

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, I think any woman will like that.

• I hope most girls don't like that and instead prefer to be equal (or at least let him pay for the first)

• They love it when you pay, period.

• Pay? yes they love that.

Flowers? No. That's some nice guy shit that will get you dumped