When is it okay/not-weird to buy flowers for a girl?

• First date
  • First date, but only if you're already friends
  • Second date
  • Third date
  • Committed relationship

Most Helpful Girl

• Anytime is okay, and it's nice, but I prefer chocolate. You can't eat flowers lol

What Girls Said 8

• I said third date because I can't handle cheesy romantic gestures until they've already made a personable impression on me from previous times I've seen them. If I end up no liking the guy after the first date, but he gave me flowers then they were in vein because they evoked no feelings in me whatsoever!

• I can understand what you're saying

• It depends on a lot more than timing.

Is she allergic to flowers?
    Will her pet eat them?
    Are any of the other people in her home allergic to flowers?
    Does she like flowers?
    The list goes on...

• That's a lot to know before a first date!

• Also seems kinda hard to figure those things out without ruining the surprise.

• Surprises are for later in a relationship when you actually know the person.

• ALways! ^^ Flowers are <3 ... and why would it be weird to get flowers? O. o It's jus someone saying I like You ^^ It's sweet not weird.

• That really depends on how she personally feels about flowers and what you're doing on this date.

• I, personally, never want to receive flowers because of terrible allergies. You might as well just slit my throat and be done with it. It would be kinder.

• Your allergies are that severe?

• Pretty much.

• It's totally okay! I'd feel flattered

• It's never weird to get her flowers!

• It's always okay to buy flowers.

• Anytime!

What Guys Said 3

• It is always weird if you are buying flowers for a girl, one shouldn't do it. Yes, unless they are romantically involved and are in a committed relationship then it's fine, otherwise not.

• First date they say.

And they're wrong (naturally). Bring flowers on a first date, and she will think you're desperate and trying too hard.

• First dates