How do you know what your "level" is?

I often hear people talk about how both girls and guys like to date someone "on their level" physically. But how do you know what that is? Or is it even important?

I guess I don't want to feel like I'm "aiming" too high or too low, but I don't really understand how you can really know what either of those things mean.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think what they mean by levels is "standards", meaning someone who is maybe the same age, or similar goals, beliefs, and mindset. Like for example, a girl wants a guy who is in college, works, & is the same age as her because then they have mutual interests & understand each other cuz they are on the same level. Compared to someone who is 21 & dating a 41 year old, well if you think about it they are on 2 different levels, like the 41 year old wants kids & to settle down, while 21 year old wants to party & travel. So ask yourself what you want in a girlfriend and what u don't want. This should help you figure what your level is. :) Like u want a girl who is the same age or close & who has similar interests.

• Thanks for your opinion. Yes but this question is mainly about physical appearance. Most couples are roughly "equal" in terms of their general physical attractiveness. How do you figure out what your level is?

• Also, if you carry yourself a certain way, people will perceive u as that, so carry yourself with confidence & like you believe your super hot but not conceded, than people will perceive u as that. :) Hope all this helps!

• Well based on my pictures what are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• A man should aim high because contrary to popular belief, many of the really attractive girls are often more approachable and down to Earth than their average counterparts. My theory why is because they do not realize just how attractive they really are, since most guys are too afraid to approach them with the exception of assholes. This is in stark contrast to average girls who often have an overinflated view of how attractive they are because most guys approach them since they think that they will be easier to woo than super attractive girls.

You're totally spot on, it's getting to the point where super pretty girls don't intimidate me the slightes and ugly girls do.

slightest*

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 20

• Take a good look in the mirror. You can see what it is woman generally by looking around. Take a look at girls you've dated or had crushes on in the past. What do the people they've dated look like? Shouldn't be too hard from that point to say, "Well, I have some of the same physical qualities and attributes those people had."

Don't discount the entire other aspect of relationships, though. I've seen some girls I would've definitely put at 8 or higher with some dudes I would've guessed were around 4-6 range. Maybe it's money but most of them seemed like personality at least half the time.

To that end, confidence is key. If you approach a girl, and you already don't think you have a shot, she's not going to think you do, either.

• Just assume you're at the highest level lol... worrying about things like that will only make you insecure and overall lose confidence.

• All together I think I'm 8ish. That's based off my tinder matches and how girls respond to me. I can flirt with girls who are absolutely gorgeous and get them to flirt back. The two girlfriends I had.. one was average physically... the other was a trophy girlfriend and gorgeous. As far as casual sex I'm only getting average to slightly above average for the most part. Looks get you in the door but that's only one variable. Confidence is almost everything when it comes to dating. If you really want to know you can post pics of you on bodybuilding misc. Srs the most accurate rating you can get. People don't bullshit and sugarcoat things on there the way they do on here.

• It's called SMV - sexual market value. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY doesn't understand the scale from 1 to 10 - ten being perfect. And NO ONE is perfect.
    Most over rate themselves by a couple of points.
    What it means is that if you are an average 5-7 it makes sense to go after girls 5-7, otherwise a high SMV girl will eventually dump your ass for someone with a higher SMV - hypergamy. It's biology.
    On the other hand, most guys think 8-9's are unapproachable, so they dont' get the attention they deserve. A guy with his game on can snag these bitches - ever wonder how that good looking girl go with that average guy? You see it all the time. But generally the opposite - a good looking guy wants a good looking girl - you don't seem them with dogs.
    Girls tend to way over rate themselves, especially if they are overweight. And they all think they have the golden vagina so every guy wants them. They may want a piece of them, but likely don't want the whole them.
    A womans peak SMV is about 20. A guys is about 40. At 40 the woman's SMV starts to taper way off - ever heard of saggy tits? For guys, their value maintains as they age, like fine wine. Women just get old. And that's why you see older guys with much younger women. The young guys with older women just like how she fucks. A younger woman is always more attractive.

• that's bullshit for girls since when they're pretty they just can be slutty and get whatever man they want. that's not being sexist, that's reality. there's no level, just how much they are attracted to you and girls can become high maintenance girlfriends overnight if they hookup with someone really high social status wise

for guys is harder. i never had this big self esteem and now that i have it, im broke as shit. i could not date nor court a girl unless some might look over this which is counter nature for girls

• Never really heard level, heard the term he or she is out of my league, best way to tell is if you get rejected, but most of the time i dont think levels or leagues matter, I've seen someone on per say a minor league term so to speak win a date with a major league person. It all matters on confidence, tidiness of your clothes, hygiene, timing and how well spoken you are and a tiny touch of game

• 27.5th zealot of the third order.

• You can push the pause button and check how many dating experience points you have. Your charisma points also matter slightly.

• Uhmm, I am 5'8'', I have problem someone being on a lower level/higher level than I :D

• What they think is beautiful or ugly determines their level.

• I don't know, but I usually aim up. Might as well be worth the effort.

• It's stupid don't waste your time with it.

• Be confident and aim for the ONE YOU WANT.

That is all.

• My level sucks. I always aim high, aiming same or lower is a waste of time and money.

• Socio-economic status and perhaps social status is probably what they usually mean.

• I don't know , i know that high ranks (Government type ) have lots of power

• I don't have a level I'm a fucken stud

• Well I have very pretty girls flirt with me all the time, so I guess that's my level, I do not have to make any extra effort

• Mostly tribe personal traits goals career

• As one said;
    You attract what you reflect