Is my ex playing mind games or considers me a friend?

Me and my ex have been broken up for 2 months maybe at the most. Anyway, he stated he lost feelings for me (after an arguement) i accepted. Now after i told him lets be friends (he sent me a drunk text expressing anger so thats why) he's been happy again (we work together) and flirts heavily. But sometimes he'll confuse me. He'll make statements about not settling down but then makes statements that he MIGHT try dating someone (like an ex from middle school he bumped into recently) . I passed by him on the way out and joked with him that i knew he wanted to see me (being silly) one last time before i left and he said yea ur right. I played it off like i didn't hear but then he asked if i heard him and smiled. Why is he playing mind games? Am i thinking too much into it?

What Guys Said 1

• Never never say "let's be friends" or agree to it. It will never happen. You've just left the door open for him to feign interest with the sole purpose of using you as a backup plan till he finds someone else

• No i meant a truce! he's the one that keeps bothering me at work :\ outside work no relation lol i wanna be left alone to be honest

• Then tell him to stop talking to you

• Ah forget it. Ill just try and be more standoffish i suppose. He just flirted big time today (we barely called truce Friday) . Thank u!

What Girls Said 2

• Probably just trying to make sure what your feelings are towards him

• It's quite mean to treat you that way. It's very disrespectful towards you too. Regardless if he views you as a friend or not, he obviously doesn't consider your feelings at all.

If you don't know where you stand with him, then maybe it's time to start walking. If someone genuinely likes you as a friend or in a romantic way... you'll know it. If they don't , then you'll feel confused and full of doubt about their intentions.