My first love left me heartbroken i'm scared that I won't love again?

A bit of context, my first love and i never dated. But i fell deeply in love with her to the point of actually writing her a love letter. Anyway for various reasons she just wasn't into me and the pain that caused me almost killed me (i'm not kidding; i contemplated suicide at one point) it gave me depression for 3 years

Anyway, i'm over her enough to want to try and date other people however i'm petrified that i won't be able to love someone as deeply as i did her and i'm teriffied of being hurt again and am even more cautious about opening up my heart than i normally am (i have trust issues from being bullied all my school life)

What do i do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure you will be able to find love again. If you like a girl you should maybe text her or even go up to her and just ask if you can hang out and maybe it will progress into something further. Here's my advice just forget about your past and move on, you'll be absolutely fine if you date another person and hopefully you won't get your heart broken again because I know what its like to be heart broken I have recently ended my relationship.

• I've been trying to forget it since it happened 5 years ago, i haven't been able to

• My mind being what it is distractions that keep my mind occupied enough for that are very rare, my brain is a very active thinker in order to block that out i have to be concentrating hard and that gets tiring quickly

• Just don't try to over do it as you said it does get tiring

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry, you'll love again.

What Girls Said 1

• Try.
    It might happen again. That is life unfortunately.

• Haha i do try, never get anywhere... :p

• @fermatote i think you're reading wayyyy too much into something that wasn't even a thing.

• May be. But I don't think same thing should not happen repeatedly for 2-3 months. I may over look once or twice but not for multiple times.

What Guys Said 1

• Let me know if you find any way. My situation is worst than you.