Do men get more desirable with age and women less desirable? Why wouldn't a man want to date a younger woman and a woman an older man?

I'm curious to hear people's opinions on this. I feel women mostly look for qualities in a guy, like success and stability, that normally just improve with time while men are more fixated on looks, fertility and motherly instincts which normally get worse over time. Wouldn't it make sense for a man to want to date someone younger and a woman to want to date someone older?

Most Helpful Girl

• No they don't. I think men just tell themselves that to put down women and feel better about themselves.
    Women care potential not necessarily success and stability itself.

Truth is, most men don't age well. From your 20s it's all down hill, and maybe women are accepting of a few lines and wrinkles, than men but there's only so much. At some point sexual attraction is gone and that's important to a relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• No one considers the relative merits of different qualities and then decides what kind of person they will find attractive.

What Girls Said 5

• Older men gain more status and (hopefully ) are wiser and smarter which makes them somewhat more attractive but physically nah, most of the time they look better younger. Rarely would a man look better in his 40's and up than he did in his 20's and 30's.

• Lol that's not true at all. A lot of the guys on here try to make women feel bad in every way possible its not true at all @nalaa has a point. Its all about how the person takes care of themselves and genetics. I've seen men that age horribly even in their mid teens and early 20s they look like shit and I've also seen some girls that are 16-18 that look like 40 year olds. I have seen many spectacular looking women in their 30s, 40s and even 50s though.

• I agree and most men don't take care of themselves well. Or not as good as women. Even now in college most guys have like permanent lines on their forehead and I haven't seen it on any girls.
      And I think often people confuse women being more accepting of older men look with aging well. For example Charlie Hunnam in his mid 30s still looks good, right?

d.ibtimes.co.uk/.../charlie-hunnam-king-arthur.jpg

But compared to a decade ago, damn

showbizgeek.com/.../...-2013-04-12-at-18.00.11.png

He didn't age well at all. And most guys don't start out as good looking as a movie star
      Literally the only male celebrity I can think that truly aged well is ashton kutcher, who at almost 40 looks barley older than when he was in his 20s

• Guys get less and less desirable with age in my opinion. I guess I just prefer a more youthful look.

• I don't like saggy balls or white chest hair or the smell of mothballs.

• All older men do not have "saggy balls or white chest hair or the smell of mothballs," but if you are not attracted, you don't really need to justify the lack of attraction.

• Right. I still don't find old men attractive.

• I never suspected that you did.

• No, older men are not attractive. Both sexes get less attractive as we age. Looks are important to women too.

What Guys Said 3

• To me, Women are timeless beauties and in fact get more refined with age

• OP men are born poor and grow rich because our value is based on our wealth. Women are born rich and grow poor because their value is based on beauty.

• Yes.