Told a guy I'm a virgin and he disappeared?

So I normally don't tell guys I'm a virgin at 22 because they either give me a weird look or they stop talking to me. My past friends in high school used to make fun of me for being one as well so I never say anything. Or people just judged me in general for it.
I've been talking to this guy for 3 weeks so far. He's not the one bringing up sex but I do. Because I wonder if that's all he wants. I feel a bit comfortable around him so I told him. He said it's totally fine that I'm one. After I told him I still had a feeling he was judging me or thought that I was weird. So I told him thanks for listening I just wanted a guys perspective and their reaction just in case I have to tell someone else later in the future as all. He tells me that he hopes I stick around because he has fun times with me. We talked all night and played games, then I went to sleep. I told him goodnight and it means a lot that I was able to share that with him. He just replies with anytime. Now I haven't heard from him. I'm feeling regretful for opening up to him now. :/ I was scared to open up at first and now someone ran away because of it. I'm not waiting until marriage to have sex either.

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess if you told him this and he disappeared the same day , there is a good chance it might be the reason. a lot of girls have had sex by 22 so I guess some people might wonder why you had waited so long if you weren't waiting for marriage , anyways I don't think this guy was that interested in you if he just disappeared over this

• Yeah but I'm not waiting until marriage. I'd just rather my first time be with someone I trust and I've been dating for a few months is all.

Most Helpful Girl

• too much emphasis is placed on sexual experience, Virgin or not at the young age of 22. It's not the all-encompassing thing in the world. The most important thing about this whole virginity thing is to not get uptight about it. The peer pressure of not being a virgin is coupled with the mother father family values side pressing the other way. Being a virgin is no big deal one way or the other. The normal guy and that is like finding a blue diamond after falling into a sewer doesn't care. I was being sarcastic there are a lot of normal guys around. I'm talking about a guy who has his act together and doesn't think his masculinity revolves around whether he plugs every girl he knows. The normal guy accepts that. Now to get criticized for this but I'm to say it anyway. In high school the vast majority of kids are uneducated. If you get to a university level both the girls and the guys screw around a lot but are less into the whole sex thing because I have to study. Sure they want sex but they have more mature a view.
    The bottom line is when you're ready for sex you have sex. When you're not ready, peer pressure should mean nothing and I really mean most guys understand although they want sex there is no doubt about that. That's what a guy dreams about. If you tell a guy you're a virgin and he disappears then all you really wanted was sex in the first place. You didn't frighten them off. That's a load of crap. He just didn't want to bother because he wanted to fuck and he didn't want to waste his time and energy trying to convince you to have sex with him.
    The bottom line is get over this. It doesn't matter either way. When I was in college I entered at age 16. I wanted to fit in. I confused fitting in with having sex. I was scared stiff and uptight. Finally I went up to the guy who I thought was hot and I told him, "I'm tired of being a virgin I can't take it anymore. Would you fuck me please?" You are all laughing but that's the truth and how it happened is that you. It was a Wednesday night he took me to one of the greens at the Alanna country club and had sex with me. Contrary to everybody's fears it didn't hurt he brought lubrication and it was a little pop with a twinge of pain. I thanked and asked him if I was good. He said that I didn't even know what was going on and that I needed to have sex many times before I understood how to do it. I decided I didn't want to have it so many times to learn how to be good at it. It was over.

• I did not have sex for two years after that but I felt comfortable in the fact that I wasn't a virgin anymore. Now I do not know if what I just said made any sense to you but it did to me. The fact is I got it over with. It was no longer a big deal one way or the other. Maybe what I did was stupid but I got it out of the way. After that I had sex with anyone who I felt I wanted not someone who pressured me. Or the worst kind of guy the one who goes into long lengthy discussions whites he can help me with my psychological problems over not wanting sex. That is a bullshit artist. Stay away from that kind guy. Normal young guys want companionship and to have a girlfriend. Of course they will want sex but when you are under a certain age maybe 20-25 you don't have to have sex to have a boyfriend

What Guys Said 5

• I see posts like this a lot and I dont get it. Why are you upset? You found out early he only wants you for sex, thats it. You get to find that out fast with any guy. Most girls get used by these douche bags then have their heart broken.

• Lol, this was a little funny and a bit sad too.

• You guys it's not a lie. I'm serious. Lol. It's like a fucking sad issue but it's true. I'm such a loser but like it's true. -_-
      Guy usually turn me away because of it. they tell me I'm pretty and they like talking to me. Say I have a nice body and when I tell them they run fast for the hills. Now this one did too. Now I'm a bit embarrassed but it's whatever I guess.

• Yeah.. I know... Forget about him.
      Try again , you will succeed.

• he did you a favor.

• That's a lie

• I don't understand why it would be a lie. This is why I never tell people. Because I get reactions like this. I'm asking for help. Probably won't be able to open up to someone for a long time now and I'll be a 40 year old virgin. -__-

• I don't think i would turn you down because of that... just shrug it off your shoulders hun. A better guy will come along

What Girls Said 1

• He was not serious about you/he only wanted to hook-up with you.