Is it okay to date my ex's half brother?

He says it doesn't bother him. We matched on a dating app and have been talking for about a month. He says he would like to meet up. He isn't close with his half brother. My relationship with my ex was very dysfunctional. It was a long distance relationship and he was cheating for more than half of our relationship and he stood me up all of the time. In hindsight I shouldn't have stayed with him. His brother is totally different. Is it wrong to pursue this?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's weird and will always be awkward. It would never work as a serious relationship.
    There's a billion men on Earth I'm sure you could find another one who doesn't have a brother you dated.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so.. they're not close, sounds like they're far geographically as well. I would just go for it. He might give you a hard time (your ex) if you guys are still in contact but dont pay him any mind, sounds like he wasn't a great boyfriend.

What Guys Said 2

• It will always be awkward and will eventually cause problems. I would stay away from that drama.

• Yeahs its okay

What Girls Said 1

• It's a little off but I don't see based on these facts alone that it's wrong.