Too stressed and poor to date? What should I do with guy I'm seeing?

Right now I'm going through a rough patch.
I have no money and I'm looking for a job but I'm not having any luck.
I'm seeing this guy and he invites me to all these places but I can't afford to drive to these places. I'm already stressed. I feel like if I leave it's going to take me forever to find another guy because I don't go out much and he's the only one that takes me on dates and sees me. I'm so conflicted and stressed out right now. Should I just tell him I can't see him anymore because I'm going through a rough patch in my life? He keeps inviting me to hang out with his friends but I'm also scared to meet new people because in the past I had people be rude to me. Judged me and say nasty things because I was quiet. I didn't feel welcomed and I don't like going to places where the actual person who is throwing the party doesn't invite me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there is anything wrong with dating when unemployed as long is your not strictly looking for money from your dates. if your genuinely trying to meet guys you find interesting , it shouldn't matter if you have a job or not especially if your trying to find one

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you told him about the money? Part of seeing someone and growing a relationship is having these conversations. As far as meeting his friends, there are mean people in the world and there are good people in the world. The more you cut yourself off from the world, you'll become more conditioned to being alone. It's really hard but you have to go out and do things to get comfortable with people.

• Well I've only been talking to him for 3 weeks. I feel it's embarrassing to tell him about the money. Yeah, I try not to cut myself off from the world but it's hard. I'm trying but I feel like everyone's judging me. He already told me that I judge myself too much. I can go out but I feel like I need help first but I can't afford to see a psychiatrist.

• Yeah, psychiatrists are so expensive it's ridiculous. If you have a smart phone, maybe get pokemon go. It's helped a lot of people get out and get used to interacting with people.

What Guys Said 5

• Just tell him that you're really struggling with money and you'd like to hang out at home sometimes.

• go for a walk in the park, or if you can go watch the sunset.

• Your a female you will always have men taking care of you the power of yh

• same for me and im a boy :/

• guys dont care about a girl who has money, because money doesn't buy love, so quit stressing over it and let him take care of you with his love, and if he really cares about you im sure he's not going to put you in a situation where someone would hurt or mistreat you. and if someone does he will protect you.

What Girls Said 3

• I had this problem with friends. I would overdraft on my card for money. I'm gonna try and get my abc license to serve alcohol. Take a class and be a waitress anywhere. Your tips on busy nights should be good. My sister goes to people houses to help them like assistant living. Until you find a job, tell him you'll be out of time or maybe do something like watch a movie at home. You decide when to tell the truth.

• You need to get your life in order before you can date anyone. You sound like a hot mess no offense

• Please, I had my life in order.
      It just started to crumble recently due to my anxiety.
      I have my own car, home and job.
      But life works in mysterious ways.
      So don't call me a hot mess.
      I get what I want and know how to provide for me.

• sounds like you're just lonely... love when you're ready not when you're lonely, but i can kinda relate it sucks... i had to let go of him

• you sound exactly like me its kinda scary

• As I hope the same for you! Yeah life is complicated definitely. Having anxiety and depression added on sucks even more!

• i know smh i've isolated myself for about a year now my family sometimes wonder where i'm at