Any Western women dated or married an Arab guy?

Any Western women dated or married an Arab man. What was he like? Was it good or bad? I hear they can be very controlling (and that was my experience with one guy). But are they all like that? I don't want to stereotype anyone, and I know people aren't all the same. However, I think there may some behaviors and expectations that are cultural.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes they are very controlling.

Most Helpful Girl

• ill tell u this, based on what i know for sure. first generation arabs who live in arab countries are more likely to be controlling. even some women are that way. however, if you date an arab man who is 2nd gen from a western country, then ur much less likely to have an issue. his attachment to his religion also comes into play, which seems a bit weird but it does play a role.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 2

• Not all Arabs are like that

• no he is very kind to me. his family is different but he wasn't like that at all

• That's good to know. Are you still with him? What is he like? How did you meet?

• First day of Kindergarten. He comforted me when I was scared. I helped him when he didn't understand the teacher. We were in every single class together. Not on purpose we were friends during elementary school and no. I went to a different school so that ended things. He was nice and friendly. Nothing like my other exes. SO it awkward since i am back at my old school