Girls, what do you think about this guy?

He is in his mid 20s, educated, and has a white-collar job in New York City. He earns approximately $87,000/year, but still lives with his parents in New Jersey (30 minutes away from his work) to save money and other expenses. His parents don't mind his living with them. No, he does not live in the basement; he has his own room. Also, he doesn't have a car because he commutes to work via train/subway (more efficient), but he has a motorcycle that he rides occasionally when he has spare time.

He is looking for a woman who also has a degree from a 4-year university, and makes at least $70,000/year. She could be younger or older; age doesn't matter. So my question is, if you are a girl who makes more than $70K/year, would you date him?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say he was way too consumed with money and that's a turn off. It shouldn't matter what you make or your potential partner makes, as long as you have feelings for each other and click. Romance and relationships are about feelings, not a business deal.

Most Helpful Guy

• Isn't 87,000 dollars in New York City awful pay?

• For a guy in his mid 20s, I would say that's definitely a decent starter.

What Girls Said 10

• Probably not, I prefer someone who doesn't still live with his parents after having graduated from university. It just screams momma's boy. I prefer someone who is obviously independent and capable of looking after themselves.

• nope...

• I would totally date him! However, I don't have a degree yet. Would he date someone who attends Harvard, and is planning to be get a J. D. and be a law professor some day?

• Everything sounds except the whole still living with his parents thing

• Probably not. Unless he's very attractive

• Is he hot?

• He heard that he's handsome from other people. He also goes to the gym and is in shape. Not a huge guy, but muscular and fit.

• Unless you're willing to split the bill.

• I would need more information. If he has a personality that I like, like a good sense of humor, respectful, kind, and all that, then it sounds possible.

• He sounds like a bore. I'm assuming the guy you described is you. You mentioned your job, and that you live with your parents, and what kind of woman you're interested in but nothing else. You didn't describe what you look like or if you have any exciting hobbies or talents or passions. A guy who only works, lives with his parents, and is attracted to women based on their salaries and degrees sounds incredibly boring.

• Everything sounds good, except the living with parents thing. I would suggest the guy get his own place.

• This is very specific
    What happens if she makes more than you?

• He wouldn't mind that at all. He just wants a girl who is financially stable.

• I respect that man. Go out there and find yourself a financially stable woman. There's a lot out there nowadays.

What Guys Said 3

• Being financially stable is good, but it's not all about the money. Good luck finding your girl

• Wow dude I wish that was me!

• Since when did love depend on money?