Is it bad I don't want to date a girl because of her history?

I know a girl, I fell in love with her and she didn't feel the same way so we stayed friends... Not too close...

She was the typical good girl, dating the typical bad boy whom she hated and tried to change...

She gave her best years to him, and at the same time playing games, leading on other boys, seeking attention...

They finally broke up, now she wants someone to settle down with, have kids, start a life... etc. Like she has completely changed now...

I realized I didn't want to be with a girl like this because of my insecurities I guess... I didn't have much "fun" in my life, because that's not who I was... I was looking for a serious/meaningful relationship...

I'm one of those "nice guys", I'm just nice to everyone I meet... I have never been in a relationship to be honest, and to me it feels like if I dated a girl like that... She has had her fun and now wants a guy like me to settle down, when she doesn't actually like me...

That's how I feel I'm not sure if its wrong... Of course people have sex, relationships, break up and I don't really care about that... If she was in a real relationship, or he was a normal guy I wouldn't mind... but it bothers me that he was a bad boy, and she knew who she was dating and doing... and now wants a guy like me to take care of her...

Is this wrong of me? or am I right not to want to feel like the boy she settles with after having her fun?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think what bothers you most is the fact that she had the choice to be with you but chose another. And because she knows you're a good guy and is finally ready to settle down, with you (?) you're feeling as if you're the second option.

If you don't feel comfortable about it, you prolly shouldn't get involved with her. Everyone deserves someone who treats them like the king/ queen they deserve to be treated. So no, it's not bad.

• Thank you. I do feel like a second choice... and I do deserve someone who loves me the same as I love them :)

• Yessir, some things are worth waiting for so just find yourself someone who will not even think twice about choosing you ;) Have a good one!

Most Helpful Guy

• You are the fucking MAN!

You are the alpha. You don't take another guy's seconds. Let the badboys save a 'ho.

What Girls Said 6

• If you don't feel comfortable being with her and being in a relationship then you should pursue it. She can change but what she did speaks to her personality and character. If that's not a good fit for you, then that's fine.

• Well everyone has a past. And just as she went with someone you don't approve of maybe he had another side you didn't see that attracted her as people don't know everything in a relationship

• I don't think you sound insecure. I think it's smart of you to consider her past and her actions because it says a lot about who she was and who she could be.

• I thought I was gonna see a smart lady's boobs.

I knew it was too good to be true :P

• ... I even noticed the. swf, and my brain paused for a second, but my penis overrode it and said "tits brah... tits".

So I clicked.

• LOL, i'm dying. The honesty is awesome.

• If you've never been in a relationship dude... you gotta start somewhere

• This site is saturated with insecure guys. It's like their little cocoon here.

• If you know you won't be happy with her then it's not wrong to to end it all. You have to put your own happiness before other peoples, if not then you can never make them happy.

What Guys Said 1

• You do whatever you want. If you're not comfortable with her, what you did is the only correct answer for you. Only you can decide.