How do you get your boyfriend's clothing?

My friend has been dating a guy... and she wants a hoodie or shirt or something. Apparently he smells nice. Is she supposed to ask for the hoodie or wait for him to give her one. We're both unsure lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Next time they're out at night make sure she's wearing something that doesn't provide much protection from the weather and get her to drop hints that she's cold, if he offers his jacket she can take that and so long as he doesn't walk her home I'm sure he'd let her take it.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, I told him I was cold when we were at his house one day and he came downstairs with his sweater. I put it on and then when I was about to leave, I took it off to give it back to him but he said to keep it so I did. I dont think a girl should ask for it directly because some guys just dont really like giving away their clothing lol. My suggestion is to just wait until he offers it :)

What Guys Said 6

• Well she won't get it from him like "here have this hoodie" for no reason

• What shocks me is how many fucking females run a clothing mafia in the comments XD

• How did this guy impress your friend?

• they are quite young, they knew each other from track... and he messaged her and they've been talking ever since. :)

• Never mind, I'm talking to a teenager. Your romance is way different than what us adults have to go through.

• Usually they put it on after sex and never give it back. Damn bitches taking my favorite clothes.

• If he doesn't mind giving it up. But remember, it's a piece of clothing, they're not cheap

• A girl take even one of my shirts I'm bagging up all her shit and throwing it in the dumpster

• Woah Lol that's dramatic

• @Summer_Bunny I don't have a lot of money what if I can't replace that. That's the point I'm
      Trying to drive home

• Bills have to be paid and I shouldn't have to pay to replace something she should have never took

What Girls Said 13

• I'm not sure either actually lol.

I do get it though - my clothes sometimes smell like my boyfriend after I've seen him and I have in the past cuddled the top I was wearing that day at night just because it reminded me of him.

It would be nice to have a jacket of his really - He has this black and blue Lonsdale one I like, it suits him but he's planning on getting rid of it for a new one soon to my disappointment. He let me wear it for a bit once before, just told me to put it on and was like

"It smells like me, mind" (as if I care, that's what I want lol)

but then of course I had to give it back before he went home. When he said he was getting a new jacket soon, he told me he'd probably just chuck the black and blue one on the floor or something but did mention something about giving it to me though I wasn't sure if he was joking or not. Another time he was trying to get me to twerk for him (I told a story of how I hurt my lower back practicing at home for fun once) and was trying to make a deal with me. He was like "Uhh, you want another pic of me?" "Nooo" "You want my jacket?" "Not was I was thinking but hmm.." I didn't really agree though, I can't remember what exactly I did want at the time now.

I'd have to wait until he's finished with it if he did let me have it. I think he only offered because I have before expressed liking that jacket, plus he is getting a new one soon anyway so perhaps mention about really liking a jacket of his or if he has any he doesn't want just because she wants one to remind her of him? He's not going to know unless she says something.

I used to just sit and hope my boyfriend knew what I wanted but he can't read my mind, plus he has ADHD and learning disabilities so that's going to make things more difficult. I just try and tell him now, even if I am a bit embarrassed and he's usually non-judgemental and tries to do what he can to make me happy -

I expressed one of the things that bothered me was that I'd like to talk on Skype or Fb call more (since we did this a lot last year even when we were just friends and I miss it), so he fb called me a little later that day and when I saw him yesterday he offered to Skype or fb call me today.

Like my auntie always used to say "Don't ask, don't get".

• Maybe if you "forget" to bring a jacket/hoodie with you one day and it's kind of cold, you could tell him and he would most likely give you his hoodie. Then ask if you can borrow it for a little longer and he probably will think you look cute in it and let you keep it if you hint to him that you want it. :)

• She should ask and tell him why.

He's not a mind reader... he's not going to know she wants his hoodie/shirt.

• I usually just ask if I can borrow it or I just go put it on.

• When I first started dating my man, I was round his and saw he had a band hoody that I had a mutual liking for (Thrasher :P), so I asked him if I could wear it, initially he said no but the next time I come round I just put it on and walked downstairs to him and he laughed. I've had it ever since. :)

• But she could either ask him to wear it, just put it on herself, or go out one time with him not wearing enough to keep her warm (not dress like a hoe, just 'forget' to bring her coat lol) and then say she's cold, he should offer it to her straight away.

• If not, sneak one home then send him a picture of her in it. It may piss some guys off but they should be flattered. Hopefully. :P It's worked for me! I hope this has helped.

• I'd just ask. He will be flattered!

• Depends how long she's dating him usually it happens by saying I'm cold can I wear your hoodie they just don't get it back for awhile 😂

• I stole my husbands clothes the first time we met in person. It was a led zeppelin t shirt. He loved it.
    She can just ask to wear it one day. He should say yes.

• When I'm dating a guy and if we're alone and not in a public place I'll just go up to him, kiss him, and take it off Lol. Usually he offers if I'm cold or I ask if I can barrow it.

• I straight up asked him for it. Just ask

• If they hang out at his place she can say she's cold and ask to borrow a hoodie and then just ' forget' to take it off when she leaves

• Ask to borrow his hoodie, pretty sure he will be alright :)

• Wtf don't ask for it! Don't take their hoodies!!! Omfg my brother stole my favorite hoodie and wore it and then his girlfriend took it! I'm still so mad at that it was my favorite hoodie and now this girl has it forever! It wasn't even his! So fucking annoying man just let your guys keep their hoodies damn!