Is it bad to want to know where your boyfriend is at all the time and with who?

• Yes it is crazy
  • No it is not
Select a gender to cast your vote:

613

Most Helpful Guy

• Coming from me, this could go one of two ways.

Most people will say you're either being too clingy or that you have trust issues. If you don't have trust issues, then moving on to my opinion.

Well, honestly I find it admirable and kind of nice. If I had a girlfriend who was the same way, I'd feel really good about it. It shows that someone cares enough about me to worry what I may be doing and with who. I never think of things such as this as bad or negative things, personally. It just shows me you care. That is all.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's like he should be open enough to tell you, and should be reliable and accountable so you know what he's doing. But you shouldn't interrogate him like you're police. Well, that's when you're living together I think. If you don't live together you can't really expect him to call you every time he's leaving his home or something.
    It's like how when you live with parents, when you're old enough, they don't interrogate you and shit but they still have an idea of where you are and you're reliable enough for them to guess kinda, but when you leave their home you don't call home and tell your parents every time you walk out the front door. I think just living with somebody you should be accountable basically.

What Guys Said 12

• Funny how it can be seen as clingy or controlling on the one side. Yet on the positive they are just being caring and curious. On the neutral side why would it be such a problem for them to know where you are unless you are doing something you shouldn't be? I am usually at home that is not an earth shattering thing to admit if you don't wanna say what your doing cause its a secret or whatever than you are probably cheating or just a super secretive person. I sometimes text, Whatcha doing? or what are your plans or whatever? Cause I am trying to make conversation and or feeling out if we can make plans together. As someone who has been accused of being controlling I find it bothersome that 70% of women think this is terrible. I do understand if you need to know all the details that would be annoying as fuck. But how hard is it to say I'm going out with the ladies or have plans with family or whatever. I have had girls admit to my face that they lie to their boyfriends about where they are because "he will get mad if I tell him the truth" so they choose to lie to him via text or phone instead, in this example she was out at the bar drinking with another couple and a guy was with her and she was also sniffing coke with these people, that is a good reason to wanna know what she is up to if there ever was one. Multiple times I have heard of people lying to their SO about where they are or about who they are with, I just assume cheating at that point. Like I had an ex say that she was going to the casino and ended up going to a house party but went along with the casino thing even when I asked her about her night until a week later she fessed up that she went to a house party drinking and that "her brother cheated" I wonder if she did as well? cause she helped him cover it up, this is my ex ex I guess you could say from months ago. My trust in women is hella low and in people in general to many liars, users, cheats and drug addicts especially in northern alberta, Canada

• More than a little bit nutsoid.

• That's called controlling

I voted A)

• no it's not.

• irrelevant.

• @orphan Irrelevant? Nah. If I was dating someone who wants to domineer over me 24/7 and demanding to know where I am 24/7, then I wouldn't be dating them.

Plain and simple. That's borderline crazy.

• Sorta, if you consistently question what he's up too because of something he did the relationship isn't even worth it. If you know you can trust him then don't worry about it just get rid of him the minute he cheats if you find out

• if ytou two live together, it's acceptable.

• Constantly interrogating you or assuming your up to something would just be controlling and frustrating

But caring about someone and wanting to make sure they're OK, or just being curious about what there up to is nice

• Of course not. You have every right to know where he is at all times. He's YOUR boyfriend.

• Do you have trust issues?

• you sound like a mother, and that is not attractive.

• well how would you feel if he did that to you. a little overcrowded, right?

• I think it's bad all the time but okay sometimes or most if The time. When some one feels like this their usually clingy or lacks trust

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• if he's hiding things from you then i think you have the right to ask him but if he tells you about it then nope

• Yeah, that's just really clingy/controlling behaviour and it screams lack of trust. I personally wouldn't keep up with that for very long.

• Not all the time. I wanna be updated on my bfs life, know if he's home safe, if he's having fun, if he's happy. It's okay like that, I'm not controlling him, I'm just interested in his life; much like a friend would be. I like to know who he is with so I can understand his friendships and relationships that shape him better

• sounds kinda obsessive and clingy.

• Give him some space...