Guys, Are all men cheaters who will ony get bored?

I'm terrified of dating men. I have never dated a guy before and I'm trying to become more confident before I even jump in the lake.

The real problem is the fact that I'm scared of being used. I keep seeing men who see themselves as "the shit" and they feel they can have any women they please even if they are married or in a long term relationship.

I'm terrified of being cheated on. The whole thought of infidelity is saddening and gross, but men still do it. I understand women do it, but it's a well known fact men cheat more.

Or maybe it's the fact that I've seen my model-like relatives have relationships that went horrible. They cheated, and didn't know until months later.

So, my question... Why do men cheat? And is it inevitable to have a man just get bored of you?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey I fell yah! I was the opposite and couldn't wait to come to know love because I thought women were just the best things ever... Angels! Anything that went wrong in relationships, I usually could find fault with there guys.

Until I had my heart ripped out, stomped on, returned and then falcon punched out, by the girl who I thought would never/could never do this to me.

Loves a gamble. Datings a gamble. You can find a guy that, on paper, seems like the best guy to you... and for awhile he treats you like a queen, the only girl in the world, until he doesn't for whatever reason.

-sex gets stale
    - he loses his job
    - his job is stressful
    - you get irritated at his new friends
    - you don't approve of his new habit
    - you gain weight in the wrong areas
    - you get a guy friend

These are all factors that are hard to control in life as the future happens, and a great partner can be affected by outside events that make them want to go elsewhere... no fault of your own at all.

Long story LONG lol sorry... but it's just taking a chance. You can be as confident as ever and you still will feel the effects of losing a lover for whatever reason as if someone shot u with an arrow to the heart.

What Guys Said 19

• In fact if you google it apparently women cheat more often than men but that is beyond the point anyway. No not all men are cheaters, I myself would never cheat "physically" emotionally I don't really understand cause I am a flirty kind of guy especially online like facebook, kik or on here even. I have felt used from time to time it sucks, I felt used for my money, my truck and for my seven inch cock at times lol. What scares me the most is probably wasting time and catching a disease from the cheater. Men cheat cause they are bored or you are not putting out often enough. Apparently women cheat for emotional reasons, which I don't understand whatsoever

• Despite what you read/hear most men and women dont cheat and find it abhorrent. Like any minority group with a grudge, those who have been wronged tend to shout the loudest.

• No of course not. Depends totally on the guy, some are some aren't. Same with women. I think it also depends on how happy and good of a relationship you're in as well. I understand your fears but not all of us are "bad", it's a risk we all take though and you can't really protect yourself completely from it... unless you are never going to date because the risk will always be there.

• Guys who are idjits are the ones to cheat and also those who are not satisfied with their relationship

• Not all men cheat. I know a lot of guys who never cheated on their gf/spouse.

However, the ones who are attractive, confidant, and smooth-talkers are more likely to cheat.

• Not all men cheat some men stay very faithful saying all men cheat is like saying all women just want money and that is not true

• You have to choose wisely. People cheat because they're shitty people, regardless of gender.

• It's up to you whether or not your man gets bored. If he has to look elsewhere for something, it means you failed to do your job. Remember: balls empty, belly full and don't talk too much. He will never cheat.

• Yeah we actually are only capable of hurting you and cheating on you. Better go lez OP.

• No, from all guys I know maybe one or two have ever cheated. As a matter of fact I know more girls that have cheated than guys.

• No, stop believing what you here in the media. We hear it too, like we're all out for one thing.

Well I am, it's called happiness!

• try dating guys outside of your typical "type"

• It's a side effect of evolution. Males are just hard wired to try to fertilize as many eggs as possible while the females care for the resulting young. As shitty as the deal seems for the females that's just the way it is.

• Lol for all the ones disagreeing with that statement try proving otherwise. Anecdotal evidence of long-term happy couples you happen to know doesn't count. There's plenty of PhD thesis papers in anthropology on the subject.

• Date highly intelligent men, they are far less likely to have more than one partner at once.

• I don't cheat
    I refuse sex offers
    I struggle not to look at random chicks , but I'm used to it

• Relax not all guys are like that.

• I only cheat if you don't cook clean and give bjs

• Men, and women, cheat because they're selfish despicable people. There is absolutely no excuse for it

• A man is only as faithful as his opinions. The more options he has, the more chances he has to cheat through a number of a temptation offers, the more inclined he may be to cheat. This is no different in reality to women.

The more desirable a man is to a number of women, the more likely he is to cheat, though this is not always the case.

There are a lot of men who women like you will overlook because they are not what society brain washes you to like and desire that would be faithful because these men are not widely sought after by women.

• options, not opinions*