I'm 24 and never had a boyfriend?

I turned 24 a couple of weeks ago, and I've never had a boyfriend. I don't even know what to think about it anymore, but it still really hurts. It sucks even more seeing people my age (and younger!) already married with kids. I honestly have no idea why it hasn't happened for me yet, but believe me, I've thought of many different reasons why. I'm fairly normal looking (I think!), but I do sometimes think that maybe I haven't had a boyfriend yet because of how I look. I finished my degree very recently, so I haven't had much free time of late. Life has been pretty ordinary for me recently (let's just say there was an unexpected death of a much loved family member and leave it at that). It hurts so much inside every time I see on Facebook someone else in a relationship or getting engaged (two in one day before!). I don't let on to people how much it actually does hurt, but deep down it does. I just don't know what to do anymore

Most Helpful Guy

• have you tried approaching and asking out any guys you like? if not try it, guys are not the ones who have to do that and most girls tend to think everything is the guys job when its really not.

Most Helpful Girl

• What have you done to put yourself out there? Are you asking people on dates? Are you trying to meet more people (in person or online)? What actives steps are you doing to try and date?

What Guys Said 9

• Nothing wrong with that. No need to feel bad about that.

• It raises a red flag tbh

• In what way?

• Well you asked the question. Don't get your panties in a bunch over my response lol. People judge for a reason. Human brains are wired for pattern recognition and like it or not there is some truth to almost all stereotypes. They exist because people have noticed the patterns. Stereotypes are an example of reasoning from the specific to the general. We all do it, and it's important for survival. That was my honest assessment. You can take it or leave it.

• Stereotypes are not always correct though, neither are reasons for judging. I wouldn't judge someone at all, not until I knew more about them and their situation. Even then, I would be hard pressed to judge someone based on my opinion alone

• Just relax. I'm 21 y. o forever single guy. I think people should do worse thing to themselves, when they find a gf/bf just for being normal. I had your regression last years, but think like that. When you are near to die, what is the matter if you lived your youth well or not. Just focus on now and future. Life is not an optimization problem to get highest happiness.

• Same here, and I'm 25. Yeah it can be frustrating, but just hang out with your friends and you won't bother that much.

• If your ass looks like this

24.media.tumblr.com/...ny4Yc6A1qefm89o1_r2_500.gif

I will marry you

• There is nothing to feel bad about, go with the flow. I'm 14 and I've had 4 girlfriends and trust me sometimes I wish I never had one. You are still young and time will tell.

• I'm sure you will have one before age 30

• I'd take you out

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• just be patient you're still young