Warned him. now he's questioning leaving because he didn't take my warning seriously. Should I just give up if he leaves?

So the first time i ever spoke to my boyfriend i warned him about some rather serious and almost insane habits and mistakes in the past. He thought i was exaggerating and after finding more details on my past months later snooping through my stuff he's questioning my apptitude as a potential long term partner. I've since changed having gained feelings for him and have left the past where it belongs. I feel as if this will happen for the rest of my life and no man will be able to handle my past or will give up on me once he realizes how fcked up i was in my younger years. Has anyone ever committed to a solo life after watching someone of great significance leave you? This is driving me crazy and ruining the life i thought i could rebuild and practically have since. But im coming to wonder once again if im better off alone if people are really as excepting as they think they are when reality hits them. It hurts. Should i even talk to him about it or watch him walk away?

What Guys Said 2

• Yes if he leaves give up on him but don't give up all hope. There is someone for you

• What are these habits? I'm curious

• forms of deceit. I Scattered my past so no one could completely figure out with assurace what it really consisted of. Mostly Secrets lies deciet illusions. I Was emotionally tourmented for a long time so i did things to make sure people who once were part of my life would never be or feel sure of my part in there life to spite them. I've since been genuine without them in my life but the history can still be recovered. (Or the long line of possibilties that is..)

• Yeah. I tell guys the same thing.. I try to be real and make it clear.. But they dont realize how obscure it really is..😕 And then thing just dont work out and they leave me. The passed matters so much more than people think it does to them. Wish i hadn't consciously ruined mine. Well good luck.

What Girls Said 1

• You should definitely give up if he decides to leave. Do not chase anyone who does not want to stay with you.