He wants me to meet his mom, I'm a little apprehensive. Will saying no make him feel I don't like him?

So someone I've been dating wants me to go a family trip with him and his parents. I'm a little apprehensive because, one I'm very introverted and shy. And two, I'm not sure if it is too soon. And if I say no I don't want him to feel I don't like him. He has disclosed he wants me to go.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well one things for sure is how long have you two been dating? Meeting somebodies parents is the next step to declare to them that your somebody he is serious about. If you don't go, then its saying like you aren't really serious about him, and it will make the family concerned about wither or not your somebody your boyfriend should be dating. Even if you shy and introverted, that's okay. Maybe meet one family member at a time until you feel welcome. Just talk to your boyfriend about it and see what he says. But remember that once your with him, the family is going to be actively involved in his life. So you should at least get to see how the family is, because you get to see another side of your boyfriend you never seen before. Things that reveal where he comes from, where his morals are, where the values lay, how does he react to family, children, etc. You need to know these things now, just in case this is something you can't handle. Because remember, everything is just an act until you see how a person react to things. Still love him, but you never know. Dating is about discovering who your partner is, so it may lead to marriage if that is the type of person you see yourself having a life with.

What Guys Said 2

• It could cause him to question your interest in continuing with what you have much less it going any farther

• That's the way I would take it, that you weren't that interested in me.

What Girls Said 1

• how long have you been dating? its a very good sign though if he wants you to be around his family let alone go on a trip with his family.

• 4 weeks.. I was thinking maybe it's too soon

• He said his mom said both of us lol.

• Awwww that's a good thing