Should I be concerned that the guy I am seeing is always shown as "active" on Facebook?

I've been talking to this guy on Facebook and we are getting comfortable with each other.. We spend hours chatting on messenger some days. He doesn't have a phone now so messenger is his only form of communication. However, we sometimes go a couple days without talking which is fine, but it shows him active on Facebook, like "online" throughout the day.. Like every 10/20 minutes or less, unless he is working or sleeping then it's hours. I know he is contacting or planning a lot of people for his band since he's in a band and they are scheduling places to play at for their next tour and currently. But I can't help but wonder if he is talking to other woman too... My question is if I should assume he is talking to others by seeing him active so often on Facebook, and if any guys can tell me how active you are on Facebook and what you are doing. He isn't a ladies man, so I doubt he's talking to a bunch of women... But I can't help it

• Yeah, he probably is talking to women
  • No, you have no reason to assume that

Most Helpful Guy

• You have no reason to assume that. I'm a bit lost on his schedule but him being on FB often and not talking to you directly could be him just browsing his news feeds (things get posted literally every minute in the average persons facebook) and catching up with friends (since this is his only form of communication because he has no phone atm)

What Guys Said 13

• No... u can't assume he is talking to other women also. Maybe he is just too lazy to switch off his internet connection

Anyway... wait for stronger evidences.
    And ask around about dis guy to a wide variety of girls to get a lead on him

• So what if he is? You guys aren't exclusive. If he's single and smart, he's talking to girls through various means: on his lunchbreak, at the train station, at clubs, walking down the street, online dating etc. Anyone that only talks to one person to hope to date us wasting countless opportunities. People change their minds constantly so it pays to have multiple people that ur getting to know at once until you cluck with one.

• Nah he's probably not im active on face book all the time and 70% of that's watching stupid videos and reading all the shitty random articles on various diffeent pages the rest speaking to my mates or girlfriend but if he's logged on with the computer he could have the face book page minimised and be dooming different things on the computer watching videos surfing different sites etc and it would still show him as being active I wouldn't stress about it like

• I never shut off my PC that i browse the internet on. I never log out of FB on this computer. It always shows im on even when i don't actually go on FB. You are not ready to be seeing anyone if you automatically assume this so fast.

• Dont know, wouldn't be too worried, whenever i have my data or wifi on it says im online on facebook even when im not even using it

• you are crazy :p
    messanger always put you online if there is internet connection

• I think it can be because the app runs in the. Background on your phone.

• thats his INTERNET connection which is always active, not him.

• You are being quite ridiculous.

• Yes, you have every reason to be concerned.

• yes maybe he doesn't have all this active social life he may have told you about

• this is so dumb.

• If he's a young guy in a band, if he's not talking to a bunch of women, something is wrong with him.

He's probably a pussy.

What Girls Said 6

• Well technically you have no reason to think that way. But honestly, unless I am exclusive with someone, I always assume they are talking to other people. To me, it just seems to make me less hurt when I find out they no longer want to seem me or that I see that they have moved to someone else.

I think the best thing to do is just try and stay positive. Like you said, he has no other method of contact other than messenger. And since he is in a band, that is his business contact. I think it's safe to assume for the most part, he is on there co-ordinating with his bandmates and getting things planned out for gigs.

That being said, if he is on there a lot, he would be seeing your messages. A lot of people are just terrible at keeping in touch. Even if they are active. I know I am bad for that, I will screen a message, and then reply later. Sometimes it's because I know the person will keep bugging me everyday to hang out, and I don't really feel like doing anything, but they are persistent and will not take no for an answer.

The best thing to do is talk to him. Find out what he thinks of things between you two so far. Don't jump to conclusions without knowing his situation. Perhaps he is just a busy guy.

• Perhaps he turns the computer on when he gets home, checks messages and goes about whatever he does at home and leaves the computer on for later when he has more time to sit down at the computer. I do it all the time. I'll turn my computer on then someone will come to the door or I have to run out for a bit and I just leave it on.

• on't assume, that would only make you doubtful and insecure about the two of you. I think unless you have solid evidence, you can ignore that. you can always ask him if you feel concerned

• Since you said it yourself, that is his only way of communication, of course he's gonna be online all the time. If he doesn't reply he probably does see the message, but doesn't feel like he is in a good place to have those really nice conversations. Maybe is busy and can only put so much attention at that time and wants you to have full attention when you do talk.

• No a lot of the times it shows up that they're active if they have messenger on their phone

• I was dating a guy for 6 months. He made plans with me sometimes, and if I didn't hear from him, I'd go check Facebook. It said he was always on, but I didn't jump to conclusions because it can run in the background and he might not even be on it.

However, it's when he starts posting things on his page or something, while not answering me for our date, that's when I got agitated.