Girls, have you ever paid for a man's meal on a date? Guys how would you react if a woman insisted on paying for your meal?

I always see people questioning if women should split the bill or if men should pay for the entire thing. So it made me curious, how many girls have actually paid for both your and your dates meal and what were the circumstances, how did it go over?

I paid one time for both of our meals because this guy came and picked me up (my car was in the shop that week). He also had already purchased and paid for the movie tickets in advance, so I pretty much forced him to let me pay for our meal. He argued about it at first but like a true woman, I ended up getting my way bwahahaha

Most Helpful Guy

• >> Guys how would you react if a woman insisted on paying for your meal?

To be honest, somehow I think it would trigger some feeling of insecurity for me. I'd be wondering if she doesn't like me or thought I was just wanting to cover the meal to get into her pants, something like this.

I'm still kind of "traditional" here and generally want to pay for everything. I respect the guys out there who want to split bills and I think my breed should die out in favor of a more equal kind of future. There's probably still the subtlest hint of gender bias associated with my views, though I try to fight against them.

That and I'm just not that bad-ass. If I ask a girl out and she says, "yes", I'm overjoyed. I don't want to risk ruining the mood by insisting on splitting the bill or even having her insist on paying it.

Anyway, after the initial reaction I'd agree and really thank her for the dinner, I'd think, but there would be a small flood of thoughts and emotions there for me initially. In any case, I find it admirable but there's some flutter of thoughts there if a woman insisted on doing this which would go beyond just, "Sure, awesome, thanks so much for the dinner!"

• I like your honesty lol

• I think I would just be a little bit confused initially, but grateful once that confusion goes away.

• you sound cute! but people should talk abotu what they want b4 the dates... then you can just fuck on the 1st date w. o worries if you want, or wait if you want.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do it all the time, and any self respecting woman should treat their man (or woman) as well, instead of acting like some charity case or even more pathetic, a gold digger! I try to go out of my way to show my partner a good time, whether its treating him or her for dinner and drinks or treating them for desert in the bedroom :)

What Guys Said 11

• I honestly wouldn't care if she invited me out and she paid. But in the REAL world, the man does the asking out and therefore i pay.

I've never met a woman so insistant on paying that it becomes an argument though... because real women pay you back later by getting you a gift or bringing you some expensive cakes or something. Obviously once in a relationship you treat each other all the time.

• @Cosytoasty Why are you still single darling?

• @Anotherdumbblonde OMG am so dreadfully sorry as well, please do forgive us. xx

• lol it's ok :). I woke up with like 40 notifications and a nice little story to read haha

• It does feel a little strange the first time it happens. But really if you think about it, if she ask you out why not? Or if she has taken notice that you have paid for other things you two have done on a date a decides that she wants to pay for the the meal, why not? You know women have fought to be equal.

• I would insist we pay our own way. I've never had a woman offer to pay for everything and I've never heard of a woman doing that wither. I have date women who insisted on paying their half though, it was awesome!

• if she insisted on paying then i would allow her to pay for it. but i would repay the favor later on.

• I had a movie date once where the female insisted on paying her way from ticket to snacks. That immediately put her in the friend zone.

• Hmm, that's not really fair. She obviously liked you or else she wouldn't have agreed to go out with you. So why friend zone someone who likes you based on a small difference of opinion?

• I'd appreciate it so long as she wasn't doing it out of some emasculation complex.

• It's never happened to me. But I would be think she was pretty cool.

• i would say im off to the loo and settle the bill at the bar before she gets her purse out

• I had a guy do that to me one time actually lol. I always pay for my meal on every single date and this one guy straight up refused to let me. We had a mini argument over it and I explained my reasons for doing so and he just gets up, goes and pays it then comes back.

It annoyed me actually because I felt like he didn't respect my decision to always pay for myself. So I left some money in his car on the way home lol

• Whatever dude , its not a big deal

• i would pay anyway unless we are best friends or something xx

• A girl once paid on our first date, but that was because I showed up 20 minutes late, then got diarrhea and was in the bathroom for 20 minutes. When I got out she had paid the entire bill and left.

What Girls Said 16

• Yeah I have. "I got these round of beers" "nah man I got this" "stop being a pusscakes. I told you I got this" it happens lol it's just rare occasions when I see the gang. I hardly catch up with them anyways but when I do, I pay for a round of drinks or two

• I have insisted on paying both of our meals a few times or taking them to dine 'cause I felt it's my turn to pay. But they've never let me, even if they'd say "sure thing, yeah, let's go eat somewhere" , when the bill comes they won't let me pay and I just try to throw some money there so he wouldn't have to pay the whole thing 😅

• I have paid for our meal multiple times.

In all honesty, I always offer to split on dates. Usually guys insist on paying esp on the first date, IF I really like him, and there is potential for the second date- I allow him. Making sure the tabs on me on our second date. But if I feel no connection and don't see a future with the guy, I usually insist for splitting- no questions asked.

• I've always split the bill with whoever I'm having dinner with. My boyfriend and I either do that or we take turns

• I've paid for a guy before on many occasions when we went out. Doesn't bother me.

• I split everything with my ex boyfriend from the first date and once I paid for the whole thing but because I invited him to celebrate my promotion. I don't think that's a problem, I think everything should be split between the couple but if one earns more money than the other I think it'd be nice for them to pay once in a while, it doesn't matter if it's the guy or the girl.

• That would require me to go on a date which hasn't happened but I wouldn't mind paying. It's unfair if the guy pays all the time

• usually whoever asks pays so this isn't a big deal.

• I've taken my boyfriend out for a number of lovely meals which were pretty pricey. We take turns paying and I love to treat him. Funnily enough, they always hand the bill to him, which makes me laugh and a little offended.

• lol i've noticed that as well. Like half of the time i've been out, they hand the bill to the man.

• yeah I have actually, it's good :)

• Usually when I 1st start dating someone I let them pay and never offer to just to see where their heads at. After a few dates if he still hasn't asked for nothing in return (money wise) especially if I like him and see him as boyfriend material I'll start to feel bad and offer to go half just to show him that I care and that I'm not totally dependent on him. It's the best when he's totally willing and ready to pay but I throw him a 20 in private just to say thanks and do my part.

• Yes. Many times. It's not a big deal.

• I quite often pay for both my fiance's and my meals.

• guys pay end of story. let them be a man

• No. They pay for my meal or I walk away.

• Nope