What do you think of peacocking?

Peacocking means dressing for attention. Just like Peacock's use their feathers to get a mate.

What do you think of peacocking?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people do that. It's nature to look good to be desirable by people. I don't mind it though.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 18

• 1000 times EWW.

- - I think a man looks MUCH more attractive in (clean) jeans, sneakers, and a fitted t-shirt.

fit, muscular man + fitted t-shirt & jeans = HOT

• attractive

• It seems strangely odd for me lol I don't think it's really necessary. Of course you'll get attention from it, but not the good type of attention :/

• Sounds like a lot of work just for some attention.

• But then don't girls do this with makeup and jewelry?

• @amarahorrorstory What if you got a lot of nasty looks from people or eve rude remarks about what you were wearing?

• I don't live to satisfy other people so I wouldn't care, now if friends came to me and said something I wear is really unflattering, and that I looked REALLY bad then yeah, I might consider putting it in the back of the closet. Or it was something wear I wasn't super in love with the way it made me look to begin with and it was obvious that most around me thought is was ugly, maybe, just maybe, I would stop doing/wearing it. Otherwise, if people I don't even know think what I'm wearing is ugly that's their own problem. I usually get commends for what I wear so I'm not really concerned.

• Oddly, this is so common around here that it gets people ignored.

• Lol, looks like really good stuff for Halloween.

• I think that to an extent Everyone does it at some point in their life.

P. s the guy in the 2nd pic is super fine 👌

• We all do it at least once a year.

• lel it just seems funny. :D

• I NEVER dress good for someone's attention
    It has no point to me
    If someone likes me he does it even if I'm dressed with a burkha but I dress for my own pleasure and confidence

• I think it is the individual's choice. It does not affect me at all.

• I do it, but not for attention, but for respect. To look good but classy so people realize I am worth respecting, rather than just worth sex or whatever some guys think

• Don't bother me any, unless it's crazy provocative.

• I remembered that movie when I read the title XD

• it's silly. what do guys with black fingernails mean? I see so many online now.

• I'm pretty neutral about it. If you can pull it off go for it I guess.

• If that's how u wanna express urself fine go ahead

• but would it work to get you attracted?

• Oh when a man does that well eh but I respect it. I don't know if others would. But I don't really like it

• I personally don't like that

• Why not?

I just feel like a person shouldn't necessarily be wearing unusual clothes for attention, I find it much better if a person dresses normally cuz at the end it really just depends on the personality. It's much better to get attention cuz you have a great personality than cuz of what you're wearing.

What Guys Said 10

• It's an old pickup method. It was abandoned by Pickup artists a long time ago after they realized what actually made it work. Basically it was a way to get attention easily and when girls would comment on your appearence you'd completely OWN what you were doing. It was used to make shit-test-passing easy.

• Hopefully, people care enough about what others see to give some attention to how they look. And the level of attention may differ with different people. Nothing to look down on unless they look ridiculous instead of impressive.

• It works, so I understand lol. Growing up, when my best friend started wearing skinny jeans I understood it was because a lot of girls were into that look and he wanted girls. So even tho, straightening your hair and wearing skinny jeans is kind of gay for a guy to do. At the time it increased his chances of getting laid. Lol.

Now, if it didn't help him to get girls I would have talked to him about it XD. Like what the fuck hahaha

• That's the kind of people that have nothing to offer as a person, so they try to get other people's attention by the way they dress.

• To me, it's feminine. I like it when a woman does it, but from a man, it's kinda gay.
    A man with nail polish... Ugh. 🙄

• Moderation is key.

• It displays confidence. Look at 80s rockstars n the shit they wore. They got way more poosy than any artist nowadays.

• If you have quality, you won't need to show it off.

• I do this when I get all dressed up and fancy.

• I think it tends to work. Not with everyone, but that's not the point.