Have you ever been asked out, and just thought "Really?"As in, "they honestly thought there's a chance I'd say yes?"?

This happened to me recently, and in the nicest way possible, I can't get over the fact that he honestly thought there's a possibility I'd say yes.

Nothing I've ever said or done around him has ever implied that I'd be interested in something more than a business relationship, but he seemed genuinely upset and confused when I turned him down.

Problem is now, he won't drop it, and he brings it up every time we interact.

Have you ever experienced this?

Just to update after seeing all the replies, I did NOT mean it in a "he's not good enough for me" way, I meant it purely based on the fact that I've never shown an interest, so why was he so shocked when I said no? I guess I probably could have phrased the original question better...

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been asked out by girls i don't find attractive at all, but i've never really though ill of them like that. More that it's sweet and hopefully they find someone who is into them. Guess that put's me into the nice guy category.

Most Helpful Girl

• no, i don't think like that at all. I try to treat people with respect and show them compassion especially if they would do something that took courage like that. It's a shame that you thought the opposite. But at least you didn't say it.

What Guys Said 15

• Usually, i may push my luck one time as i will have to gain confidence in order to go for it and approach a woman... but when i got a no, i just skip. The last thing i want is to be with someone i have to convince that she wants me lol...

If really you'r not interested, say it straight and forever , no!

Love, peace, happiness, hugs and cuddles :-)

• No, I am not a bad person...

• Nope. I think you need an attitude adjustment.

• No I'm not a snobby asshole who thinks I'm better than other people.

• fair play to him asking but he should accept your response and leave it now

• I've never been asked out. and i respect the guy for trying to go for it. but its kind of pathetic that he just keeps on with it after you denied him.

• i do have an ego, but not that large of one

• Yes, always asked out by really fat black chicks.

• WOMEN DO IT TO ME ALLLLLL THE TIME!!! LITERALLY IT'S LIKE THEY HAVE NO FILTER AND LET THEIR EMOTIONS DICTATE THEIR ACTIONS. HOW COULD THEY ACTUALLY THINK IT WOULD HAPPEN IS BEYOND ME. THEY ARE MORE GUILTY THEN MEN. FACTS!

• No I'm not a shitbird.

• Yeah, she was obese.

• No...

• You're what gives women a bad image

• no.. thats kinda mean..

i dont regard anybody as not good enough to ask me out

• No that sounds really douchey and self absorbed to think.

What Girls Said 3

• nope. i think anyone should think they have a chance. its is a good sign of character. i still say no if im not interested, but i think its heathy they asked.

oh no he should NOT be bringing anything up. you said no he needs to back off.

if you're working together what he's doing is actually illegal.

• Haha that sounds so narcissistic, even for me.

No. I don't get repulsed or anything. I think it takes a lot of cojones to ask someone out.

• Ugh. Can you talk to HR about him?

I can totally see why you said no to him but I can't say I've been in the same sort of situation.