Not sure how to handle boyfriend withdrawing so much suddenly?

So I've been with my boyfriend for about 5 months. It's been great. He's sweet, respectful, we enjoy each other's company and things were going really well. He has his teenage daughters for the summer and has told me since day 1 that they don't like him having a girlfriend, it's nothing personal just how they are. And usually his gfs break up with him every summer. I met them and we got along great. Everytime my boyfriend tried to go out the youngest one gave him a really hard time tantrum in and causing all kinds of stress. Last week we were out and he completely poured his heart out tp me. Then a few days later he stopped texting me unless I text him first. No more phone calls. He was always the type to call and text all the time. He finally told me last week that he only has his girls for 2 more weeks and is going to give all of himself to them. I understand and respect that and have my own life too. We can't plan stuff and spend time together now. But he can't even text or call? He doesn't ask me how I'm doing or what I'm up to. It's like he doesn't even care anymore. After going from one extreme to the other, I'm just not sure what to do at this point. He was saying please just be patient with me. And says he has all these things planned for us to do once they leave to go back home. But I'm also worried that he'll just be missing his girls and I'll be filling a void or something. And it's lonely I feel like I don't have a boyfriend anymore. But at the same time it's selfish because I think he's just being a good dad. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated. What do you think?

What Guys Said 1

• If you don't mind having a part time boyfriend then knock yourself out. Personally I wouldn't go for it and it isn't selfish

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he's telling the truth and he's really busy with his daughters. How long are they going to stay with him?

• I'm sure he is telling the truth. They are only here for less than 2 more weeks. They live out of state so he won't see them again until Thanksgiving.

• But to stop all communication with me? Not even a good morning or how was your day?