How do I get him to talk to me?

I recently started weighttraining with a guy friend (older gentleman) at the gym, and there is one particular guy that has caught my eye. I told my workout buddy (harry) that i think he's cute, and he helped me break the ice with him. Because of Harrys help, we've talked a few times. But I am very shy. Since he works out with a lot of his friends, I'm a bit intimidated to go up and start a conversation. I feel like his friends glare at me.

For a while, everytime we interacted, I was the one who always said hi, so I stopped doing it to see if he would start saying hi. But then he started ignoring me (passed by me and pretended he didn't see me, even though his friends and I made eye contact) So I ignored him back. I occasionally would glance at him, but refused to be the one that kept saying hi first.

Last week, I saw him there, but was determined to ignore him. However, he passed me once and dropped his glove. I don't think he realized he did it because he kept walking. I tried to get his attention to pick it up, but he had headphones on so he didn't hear me. I went to return his glove to him, and he smiled really big and said thank you. I figured that would be a one time thing, and he would go back to ignoring me. But the next day, he actually said hi and bye to me, which surprised me. I forgot about him for a while, and now I find myself thinking about him again.

I know he isn't interested in me, but how do i get him to actually talk to me" I work out by myself now for the most part, and he's always with his friends.

What Guys Said 2

• I thibk he is trying to see how confident your are! And to be honest, the gym is one of the few places where guys are very focused solely on working out, so it may be hard to tell his feelings! Try approaching him after, say hi before to keep it goin... but wait till after to spike ur convo! And conpletely ignore his friends, thas hust a guy thing haha... they always do that when a woman comes up, they all try to act super intimidating haha. Keep it down to a few words i would say, and be very confident!

• Show him ta tas

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think he is actually into you, otherwise he would put an effort into talking to you more. Do you have any friends/acquaintances in common? Perhaps they could help you out.