Are you more or less likely to date someone if they've been single for a long time?

If someone's been single, intentionally or unintentionally for a long time, say five years, will you be more or less likely to date them, or would it not make a difference?

• More likely
  • Less likely
  • Doesn't matter
this is interesting, i've gotten a mixed response, some girls saying it doesn't matter, while some saying it does, and guys are split on the issue, i think what @TWINCITYDEZRAY said illustrates a point about this, some guys feel like some girls will judge them on this, keep posting and polling, and we'll see if this trend stays true

Most Helpful Girl

• I see it as a good thing. I see it as them taking the time to get to know themselves. You can't be in a healthy lasting relationship if you dont know what you want. They also may be more driven in the career areas. Or in my case they could have been hurt really really bad in the past. Such as cheating or an abusive relationship and they just took the time to heal. People who have less partners are more committed, at least what I've found. So it doesn't matter why they were single that long. If it did it would be fine, it wouldn't be a deal breaker. If they were single because they murdered their significant other, and they were in prison. That would matter, but that rarely happens.

Most Helpful Guy

• A complete non-issue for me.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't really care. It's probably better because I see people constantly trying to get into relationships just because they're afraid to be single.

Ultimately, that's not an issue for me.

• It doesn't make sense only judging person on his year counts he spent single. I honestly don't care at all. Personality traits make the difference here.

• I don't really care if they've been single for a long time. Maybe they were just like me: better conditioned for singlehood until the best opportunity for a relationship came around. Can't blame em' for that.

• It matters to me in a good way, since it means the person is not likely o sleep around and more likely to be commited, I don't think a lot of experience is a good thing, quite the opposite, personally for me morals are important, but I don't judge others that are not moral, everyone should do their thing

• Of course men that are attractive to a lot of women is attractive, but when he's been single despite all the women throwing themselves at him it makes me feel like he's more mature and responsible. I'd like to feel like I'm a little more special rather than the next soon to be ex in his long list

• Wouldn't make a difference. But tbh I'd rather not date someone who's fresh out of a serious relationship (like, less than 6 months).

• I certainly don't date people out of pity if that's your question.

• ah no, the question was more, if someone hasn't had a date in a long time, is that a turn off, a red flag, or it that fine?

• It depends on how long, there's actually plenty of people my age who have never been on a date at all. It's far more of a red flag when someone has been on a lot of dates and they were all fails

• It doesn't make a difference as long as they know how to treat me right.

• For me, it doesn't matter. They might have been more focused on school or work to be in a relationship. Or maybe they are more introverted, so they didn't date a lot.

I don't get in to relationships quick and easy. But once I was in one, it was 3 years long. I haven't dated in a while now, and I know some guys think that is a red flag (while others don't care). I was just busy at the time.

• I really don't care, as long as they're over their ex.

• No I wouldn't

What Guys Said 2

• I feel like women would see it as a red flag if a guy was not single by choice for a long time. Superficial.

• surprisingly optimistic about this!!