Should I wait for him to contact me or should I do it?

I basically told my guy friend that i still like him and that i dont want to feel for him if he doesn't feel the same way about me ( emotionally that would take a toll on me especially if he has no interest in being with me.) He replied and recognized that he was distant but also said that everything was copacetic on his end. So I basically said I guess I understand and that i was here if he needed anything at any point. I eventually ended up texting him like 3 days later and said hey hope you're having a good day. He never replied. He has been really distant for awhile now to the point where we talk every now and then and would hang out every now and then but it has been a week since we last spoke. He isn't talking to someone new because well he told me without me asking but it has been kind of tense because of a talk we had. I went on Instagram and noticed he blocked me yet i dont even follow him and i dont check his social media. Never wanted to. (i only noticed because i would accidentally click the arrow and the names would pop up to send things to someone and his wasn't there.) But ultimately my question is, should i just let him be for like a month and give him some space and then reach out or wait for him to contact me? Like I'm not mad at him or anything. I honestly dont know why he blocked me either. I just miss my friend. Like fuck a relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• He's being childish. You made your point. You said you don't wanna feel anything if he doesn't feel the same. You were honest, there's nothing wrong with it. Friendships don't have to end because of it. He's probably so desperate to make your feelings fade away that he's isolating himself from you (that's the impression I had).

Leave him be. If you wanna contact him again though, wait a month or even more.

What Girls Said 2

• GIVE HIM space, do not reach out. Sounds like you should move on. He probably blocked you because he may be reaching out or hanging out with some girl friends of his

• Your friend is not interested in you. I think you should give up on him.
    As for him, he's being childish and completely immature by blocking you. It's not like you annoy him all the time.