If the last guy used her, then why can't I?

Why does the next boyfriend have to be held to a higher standard? If the last guy used you, then why can't I?
Why do I have to be held to a higher standard? I'm no better than your last boyfriend. You are not worth as much now as you were before. You have more past baggage, and your body has more sexual mileage.
This is what I have thought of my last 2 girlfriends.

I have decided to finally break up with my current girl. Unfortunately in lead her on. But after a few months, she is just the same as then last two girls not good enough for me. I waited a long while for this girl and realize no girl is worth the wait.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well that just says more about you than it does about your past girlfriends.

If that is what you think, then stay away from being in a relationship for a long time.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with you. I don't think relationships should ever be affected by past partners. You aren't trying to take advantage of your partner if you truly care for them. Nobody should be "using" anyone in any good relationship. Don't objectify people, nobody should be treated like a tool. I don't want to start an argument, but by your logic, wouldn't your so-called "value" have gone down, considering you have more sexual mileage from each partner? And someone who has had sex often is more experienced, just food for thought. I don't know it just seems very shallow to be saying a girlfriend is "worth" less because of the past. I just can't see how a strong relationship could ever form if you can't get over the past. Just appreciate your girlfriend, and I'm sure she'll notice and be very appreciative. That's being the better man, that's how you show her you really care. So if the last guy treated her like trash you sure as hell should act better than him. But I'm just a high school kid, what do I know?

• Why do I have to act better than him? I dont appreciate someone when they give me a lesser version of their selves

• If the previous guy was a jerk, you can easily be better than him. It's indecent to use people, especially your gf/bf. You should act better than him because you care about your girlfriend. And if you don't care about her and simply want to use her like her previous partner, you shouldn't stay with her. I mean, if you treat someone poorly, like the previous guy did, why would you expect her to be ok with that? She left the guy because he was a jerk; you can be better than him, and both be happy. Truthfully, if you love her, wouldn't you want her to be happy? Don't treat someone like garbage and expect a positive outcome. Be better than the other guy because you can be, and it's the right thing to do 😊

• I'm not into doing the right thing. I'm into doing what in want to do. True, I can easily be better. No I'm not expecting a good long term outcome from treating someone bad. But its simp! e. She used and not up to my standards. She chose someone before me. Therefore, I'm not giving her my 100% because I don't get her at 100%.

What Girls Said 6

• Break up with her. You don't deserve her.

• You sound like a dick head.

• Why am I a dick for preferring a virgin over used goods?

• No. I'm saying you don't need to be so bloody rude & ignorant about it. Idgaf if you don't want a non virgin, just don't be a bloody dick head about it.

• Its all I can get. My attitude comes with the territory.

• Why are you referring to women as if they're cars? Ew.

• Simple used body vs. Unused body.

• You're doing it again. Women are people, if you didn't get the memo.

If you don't want 'used' women then you're better off not dating anyone. Problem solved.

• Uses women are all I can get! I guess used pussy is better than no pussy.

• Because most people don't aim to hurt other people because they are no longer virgins. If they do choose to do this, then they are assholes.

• Well ok then

• I date them to give them a chance like everybody wants me to do. Then a few months after giving them a chance all I can think about is how used and damaged they are. Then I move on to the next non virgin to use.

• You're a horrible person. You shouldn't be dating anyone at all if you can't be good to them.

• Well I guess no one should bother with you then.

• because you <3 her

What Guys Said 6

• you should be better than her last boyfriend. clearly the girls realized they deserved better and are expecting their future bf's to be better

so if you want to be like their last bf's then you need to find girls who are ok with that.

• Why should I be better? Why do I have to be better?

• and yet you rejected any and every suggestion on here... your decision was made before you asked

• Just trying to see if there was hope my feelings would change towards my current girlfriend.

• Damn dude what frigging hole did you crawl out of

• yep, guy sounds like a real catch.

• Their decision were stupid. They got used and lead on by their ex and admit it. Bad outcome.

• Then that really is a matter of trusting some one , obviously the wrong one

• What is this with a girl's value going down after she has sex? I don't get it. I'm a virgin, my girl has a lot of experience and I still love her same as I would love a virgin girl.

• Dude seriously? Yes a girls value goes down. More past baggage bringing into our relationship. Then she talks about past dudes and it pisses me off.

• If jealousy is where the problem is you have 2 options:

Find out what those guys did better than you and improve..

... Or if that doesn't work..

Tell her to stop talking about her exes to you because you now feel the need to compete. Trust me I'm not criticising you for it, every guy wants to compete with his girl's exes, but simply not dating women who have them is a huge waste of your potential dating pool. Just be honest about what you think about her talking about them. See what you can do to better yourself and, if that fails, leave the subject alone.

• -Poor timing (ie she's more guarded now and or learned from past mistakes)

-Possibly as attractive as the previous guys

-possibly not as good at flirting as the previous guys

-Poor approach

Even if the previous guys had the same mentality that you do they were probably better at hiding it than you are. I can guarantee they didn't get into bed with her by saying "you're damaged good, let me use you".

• You trolling right now? Cause if not you're a dick 😷

• Well I guess I'm a dick. If the guys in her past were dicks then why can't i be a dick as well.

• Im not even talking about the other guys in her life. Im talking about you, i dont understand why you would willingling want to be a cunt, get help

• Because I find non virgin girls who like me as damaged. Im not a repair man. I would rather continue to treat them bad where the last guy left off at.

• This question is fire I tell you. GaG should have 2x fire for these kind of questions. I'm in for results only. Asker, you deserve 500 xp