Would you be in a relationship with someone who owns firearms?

I personally wouldn't because guns just make me nervous and if he has a collection of guns, that would just scare me away.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't live in the US, but we still have people with guns here, and no I wouldn't be in a relationship with somebody who owned guns, or whose family has guns or a collection. I find hat mist people who own guns are very one dimensional and tend to be less caring for thing around the.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I wouldn't.
    Well, my boyfriend know how to use them because he grew up in a farm and would hunt a little with his dad but that's all there is. I would never allow a gun in my home.

What Guys Said 21

• No way! I'm averse to guns. I wouldn't own one even if it was legal (I don't live in America), and I wouldn't ever date someone who owns/carries those killing machines with them.

• I'd have to get to know them, in general... it increases concerns because people are emotional, relationships are emotionally bad sometimes and a gun can do a lot of damage fast in the hands of an emotional person.

I'll say yes... ideally only one. if a girl has a bunch of guns, that be odd.

• only if it was unloaded and secured in place no child could find it

of course it would depend on the fact they were extremely responsible and i wouldn't be with someone who had some large cache of guns in their basement.

• If she knows all the safety procedures involved in handling and storing them, sure. I hope she doesn't end up shooting me with it, but I'd also enjoy firing those guns in a shooting range together. :-D

• No, particularly if you had kids

• Yes I would.
    I own guns myself. One for hunting and one for target shooting. I am not "crazy" about guns but I do like to hunt and shoot target. I don't see anything wrong with this.

• Well Dan Bilzerian has a gun room like a wine celler... an the women don't mind it one bit because they still having sex with him 24-7. In fact he goes gun shooting in desert with women who hate or have never used gus before ever. He shared his interest of firearms with them and they still lobe him.

Women really don't care about anything you are when your making $$$$$.

• Women with self respect wouldn't. I don't care how much money he has but if he has guns, I won't even go near him.

• Lol what like 5% of planet whatever sweetheart, that's the same reason women make when they say they only want good caring guy and not an assholes anology. Men don't listen to women no nore... we only watch and know what we see

• If you know anything about inanimate objects they don't move on their own. You can have a gun around and it be completely useless if there is no ammunition around. Most gun enthusiasts own guns to hunt or for protection or both. Just because a man or woman has a collection of guns does not mean he will be the next O. J. Simpson. Hopefully your decision making and ability to get to know that person would be able to determine the level of his sanity. Most gun owners I know are well adjusted men. I would suggest taking private lessons at a shooting range (when my daughter is old enough I will be taking her) its an experience that everyone should have. Also you never know but the man your not seeing because of his guns could be the most caring man you ever met and possibly the love of your life. You never know, don't let fear or nerves keep you from living your life.

• As far as I'm aware, I'm not going to date any American conservative females any time soon :)

• Depends on the purpose.

Hunting rifles? Sure. I like the outdoors

Pistols? Hand guns? Automatics? Fuck dat

• Lmao guess your not dating me😂

• yeah of course.

• It would depend on the guns. I like eating deer, moose and bear but it's kind of hard to hunt those with a baseball bat. However if they had like an AK47 (which is illegal where I'm from) I would have serious doubts about their motives.

• Wait till you see my widow maker 😂

• yeah totally, i think its hot when a girl can handle a gun.

• I love guns, if my girlfriend hates the fact I own a gun, she can leave. I am not going to give up my right because of a girlfriend.

• It wouldn't bother me...

• Let's play a game: Spot the Liberal

• Yes, provided she knew how to use them and kept them away from children, because I'm not a pussy.

• Sure as long as it less then 10 no fully automatic gun and there locked in a gun safe and the ammo was stored separate

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• Yes. I've been around guns my whole life from my father, I own several myself, and my boyfriend has numerous guns. It's never been an issue for me.

• Guns are illegal in Aus, so the likelyhood of my finding somebody with a license, nevermind a collection, is very low so this is simply hypothetical.

I would be, as guns don't really scare me (by-product of never having been around one I suppose) but if he did have a collection that was out and not hidden away?
    Questions would be asked and I likely won't be impressed with the answer.

Bye bye! Have fun with your guns!

• Like one or two for protection then sure because I have one for that reason. But some of those people who are obsessed with guns are creepy lol

• I'm the one that owns the guns & yes they are stored safely locked away with the ammo locked up somewhere else.

• No, I'm against them and also against hunting.

• I'm scared of guns too, never even fired one. If I knew my boyfriend had a gun it wouldn't bother me as long as I don't have to see it. Don't even tell me where it's at

• Simple answer NO.
    The fucking things scare me to death.

• Yep, I would.

• Sure why not

• I was once. He used to hunt for meat. Luckily the guns were always in a case at the family farm (which was pretty far away from our apartment).

• lol yeah of course

• Yes, I would.

• I own a gun for protection purposes so yes, id have no problem with that.