Is not texting back in several hours a sign that someone is not interested anymore?

The guy I like texted me at 1 today and I responded. He hasn't texted me back yet. Should I worry that he is just trying to little by little lose touch with me because he's not really interested? Wouldn't he have responded by now if he was really interested? Fyi: I'm not creepy or text him nonsense or anything like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, it really depends on the frequency, means if this has happened only once then it's fine maybe he was busy or was occupied doing something, but if this is something that he does on a regular basis then it clearly indicates that he is not taking your seriously and the fact that he is not interested as much as you are.

• Spot on advice right here!

• Should I just give up now? I don't want to bring my hopes up too high.

• Yes, that would also be a good decision I would say. Actually you shouldn't tolerate such people who do that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Here's an an analogy for you so to speak...

I currently have a co worker who I know is attracted to me and has been texting me a lot nowadays. I'm not interested because I don't find him attractive and he's married! He's very nice though and although I respond to his texts, I never text him first nor do I make it a point to respond right away. Why?
    1... I'm not interested
    2... I don't want to give him the wrong idea.
    3... it's not that important to me to respond ASAP as I'm not interested.

Conversely... for the guy I love and find very attractive and am interested in--a nuclear blast could be coming my way and I'd prob respond to his text before running to hide.

That's my perspective.

• I just don't know why he would lead me on by texting me first and making me believe he is interested by asking me personal questions, and then take so long to text back today. Fyi: we know each other personally, but matched on tinder recently. That's how we're texting.

• It could be that he's busy? I was busy as all hell at work yesterday and couldn't fave texted anyone a whole lot but I did eventually respond to people.

I just don't know. People have so many choices these days with online dating. Maybe he's talking to someone else too?

• He texted me once yesterday but hasn't done so up until now :/

What Guys Said 10

• Several hours? He has his own life to live. If you'd said several days, then you might be onto something.

• It's been one whole day.

• What did ya say for example? I don't know I dont reply to texts if theyre boring. I messaged a few people today and reply every few hours if the convo is boring af.
    Is he at work or with friends or?

• he is actually off today. I answered a typical question he asked about me.

• i hope that's what it is... Thanks for your help!

• Goodluck :p

• If it keeps happening then yeah... I usually reply back withing 5 minutes or as soon as I can specially if I like that person or interested in her

• It's been 1 whole day.

• Yeah pretty much. Just think about how many times you have done the same with someone you're not interested

• But why would he lead me on and act like he was interested before?

• I'm guessing he's as young as you are and might want anything serious, or he already got what he wanted.

• Well, he's actually older than I am and he says that he's looking for a relationship. We haven't done anything together.

• He might be busy. Incessant texting can get annoying.

• It's a text. He will get back to you when he gets back to you, its a message not a conversation. If you want to talk then call him or set up a time to meet up.

• But doesn't it tell you how someone feels about you if they are online, but don't text you?

• What isn't a tell?

• Lol not sure. I don't really examine the other persons every move. If it was me I'd just assume they're busy or I actually might not of even noticed how long it takes to reply to a text. But that could also we why I'm single hahaha

• maybe he is stuck somewhere or maybe he hasn't touched his phone since

• NO. Stop expecting him to text like a girl.

If you want instant responses, use your phone as a phone.

• But doesn't not texting in an entire day say something?

• Possibly, very possibly.

• No, it could also be a sign that they have a life outside of texting all fucking day long, or they didn't pay their bill on time!!!

What Girls Said 9

• Don't jump the gun just yet here, dear. You have stated that he 'Texted me at 1 today,' and may now be Busy and hasn't had a Chance to Push another Button.
    Don't do anymore Sending. Allow him to get back to you. At this time, I don't see any Red Flags, only if he Would put you totally on a Back Burner and Never Send Again.
    Good luck. xx

• Thanks! I just saw this morning that he was online. I don't know why he would be leading me on if he's not serious about me. He would've replied back if he was interested.

• I really hate my existance. Every single time I find myself liking someone, he's either leading me on or is already taken. I seriously hate my life.

• From here on after, go Slow with every Joe, and try hard not to wear your Heart on your Sleeve, hun. xx

• Maybe he's busy. Probably he's busy.

Or what you said wasn't urgent or interesting enough to get a reply from him immediately.

I'm talking to a dude who I know for a fact, per this past weekend, is at least sexually interested in me.

Sometimes his replies are immediate, and sometimes they take a few hours.

• No. It's normal and it helps keep that relationship balanced and un-obsessive. If they haven't responded back in a few days, that is a clearer sign. He probably is very busy, and it also depends on what you texted back to him.

• I answered a question he asked. He usually asks a follow up question. He was also online today which leads me to feel the way I'm feeling now :(

• I've never done anything with him though... I see him everyday too :(

• @Asker I can understand that. But its better than further investing in somebody who doesn't deserve you. It give you a better chance at leave him alone. Because the more you invest in somebody the harder it is to get away from them.

• No. Dont worry. A few hours isn't something to worry about coz he might be busy. Did he even see the message or he still didn't see them?

• He did see it because he was online today :(

• No them dont confess yet, wait for it a bit more, get to know him well first. Ask him personal questions just like he does and know him on a more personal level and after it you can tell him how you feel

• Not always, there are tons of reasons why someone doesn't respond.
    Although, ~usually~ if someone's interested they'll go out of their way a little to respond.

• yeah probably. unless he's just really busy.
    my ex did that 3 days before he broke up with me. Spent the night at is house on a Saturday and then Sunday through Tuesday he didn't read my messages until like 2 hours after i sent them.

• What was the question and what'd you reply?

• He asked me what I did at work and I answered. He usually gives a follow up question but yesterday he gave none.

• It is possible that he's trying to communicate that he may be less interested than you are but it also could just be that he doesn't check his phone that often. But I think you're kind of right; if he was super into you he'd probably be waiting by his phone for you to text him.

• I just can't understand why he would bother taking the initiative to make the first move by texting me and asking me personal questions if he wasn't into me :/ he could have just never messaged me in the first place.

• Possibly