Is being thing low maintenance a good thing?

I've been told many times that I'm a 'Low maintenance' Girlfriend. by my boyfriend and past partners. my friends say i'm boring because i won't go to the spa with them and other stuff. I have severe allergies so i don't like going to places like that. I don't wear makeup. i don't get my nails done. i cut my own hair hell i even lighten my hair with lemon juice. i don't wear perfume. almost all of my clothes come from yard sales or thrift shops and if i want to treat myself i go to Walmart. ( i know i'm cheap) shorts and T-shirts is my most common thing to wear. but is it really a good thing? my boyfriend loves how simple ( and cheap) i am. but my past Girlfriends Hated it. most of our fights started because they would buy expensive shit and never use it or they would buy me expensive useless things. i worry about him getting bored with me

Most Helpful Guy

• Can you give me some tips on how to be more like you, so interesting to be this way, so simple and carefree. Those other girls are too much into themselves, you cut your own hair and buy at thrift shops, great. Sounds like a do it yourself if you could type of person. I dont see it as being cheap.

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg your friends are so shallow. I'm quite high maintenance , some of my friends are not. I don't view them as boring or less attractive. They still take pride in their appearance but just not in the same way as I do.

Your personality determines if he'll get bored or not. Just because you aren't high maintenance it doesn't mean he won't love being around you. I'm sure he'll appreciate and love you just as you are. Your value doesn't go down just because you don't like spending a lot of money on material things. It's a sign of humility. That's a great quality to have.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm not a fan of that, considering I'm a high maintenance guy. I get my hair trimmed every 4 weeks, I spend mad money on Clothes in Burtons and River Island.. I spend money on hair products, I have about 9 bottles of aftershave, I have like 7 pairs of shoes, and I'm always buying shit I never use...

So yeah. 😂

• I consider myself a moderately low maintenance person and I have like 15 pairs of shoes, your shoe game is weak. 😂

• @BiscuitesSwag shush 😂

• You sound really cool ! You shouldn't change that !

• You are a keeper :)

• There's nothing wrong with it but that's too low maintenance for me.

• Only time will tell, good luck.

• Nothing wrong with that

• Let go and have some fun. Do you take good care of yourself otherwise?

What Girls Said 4

• If you're happy, and your boyfriend's happy, I don't see the problem.

• you sound just like me LOL and i am fine that way ;) ;)

• Course he won't. I'm sure he loves you for you. And guys like low maintenance girls anyway.

• I think I'd say you're rather amazing and there's only a few girls like you left in the world.