Opinions on online dating and meeting?

I've honestly met a ton of great people online but I hear people think it's bad. Like it doesn't matter how you meet a person it's how they treat you. My boyfriend and I met online in October of 2015 and we only live 15-20 from each other. We've really learned a lot from each other and we are so related in many ways. We both come from a good family. He's basically my first real boyfriend we started dating in about December. We believe in a lot of the same things. I'm just curious about your opinions or stories on how you met your boyfriend or girlfriend. :D

Most Helpful Guy

• You're a woman, of course you met loads of guys online, women have endless options wherever. Using the internet seems like a perfectly valid way to meet people.

Its pointless for men unless they are good looking though, its almost impossible to even find someone who'll reply let alone meet. Again this is just a reflection of the real world where they have very few options too.

Meeting people online is basically no different than meeting people offline, except being more convenient for some.

• That's how my boyfriend felt he messaged me and I replied cause most girls don't reply some can just be bitches

Most Helpful Girl

• I met him online. But I dare not tell my mother that I met a stranger from online. If you're safe and meet at a public place, let people know where you are and stay safe on the way home then it's fine. I think it's great and allows you to meet interesting people that you'd never meet otherwise.
    If I hadn't looked online, I wouldn't have found my sweet and caring boyf

• That's how I felt were in the same boat actually. I lied for the longest time about where I was going and who I was with. When they found out about him I lied where I met him. I eventually told them how I met him but I really didn't want to tell them.

What Guys Said 7

• My opinoin on online dating is that the women are only interested in THE ONE and they throw any guy aside that does into fit into their ideal guy.
    The guys are looking for women who want a relationship but are usually shot down because they are not her One for what ever reason.
    Meeting online is better to meet freinds. There are plenty of poeple like yourself that are open to meeting poeple and are not looking for her one guy. They have an open mind and are not just fishing for her perfect guy.
    The flip side is that a lot of guys are just looking for a few dates and then a one night stand with her. Before he dumps her. She on the other hand is looking for a long term relationship.

• Yeah that's true most guys I've met wanted friends with benefits or me just to send pics. But my boyfriend is way different and we thought we were only going to be friends at first but it turned into much more

• Honestly she nor her sister and best friend have given he a hint one way or another. I have succeeded in making her shy around me again though. I'm not really sure why but several people that I have asked about it say that is a good thing.

• I'm sure that if her sis or best friend knew what she wanted they would have subtly revealed it by now. I have been flirting with her for a month already. She seems to like my compliments.

• I've done long distance stuff before but I knew the girls before they moved away and I've had o a relationship of sorts with someone I never met in person before. None of them were bad experiences, I have nothing agaisnt internet dating either I just won't do dating websites.

• Online dating and meeting?

I don't think it works out.

• It works if you meet the right person but thats anywhere not just online. So it really just comes to meeting the right person, whether its online or not

• If u meet a guy from a dating site, do so in a VERY public place so there are witnesses around.

• That's not a good idea. The meeting should be as private as possible. Don't want a bunch of strangers seeing me get a blowjob.

• @Regulatus meet in public first, then after both parties are comfortable, THEN meet in private and get naughty! ;-)

• I have no experience, but I've never heard from someone that he found it useful. All people I know said it's a waste of time.

• I've boned a ton of women from POF and OKCupid

What Girls Said 4

• I think its good- I've been talking to a guy recently and we both really wanna met but have busy study scedueles but hopefully we will soon

• I don't like sites like tinder or singles. com :p
    Any dating sites, actually. Don't like itl

• For me I don't think I could ever see myself finding someone online

• I met my soulmate online. It took a while for him to earn my trust and build a relationship, but we have been married for 3 years now. So although there's many sad stories of failed online relationships there's also success stories too