Would you date a person with a mental illness?

I dated a guy who had bi-polar disorder and things didn't work out because he moved. Would you be able to understand the difficulties that come with?

Most Helpful Girl

• think your too young for this responsibility. at your age you need an involvement that's fun not full of pressure. I would understand this because I study counseling. but I wouldn't be able to cope with that in a relationship and I'm a lot older then you.

What Guys Said 1

• I would totally yeah! That's a turn on for me. I like this girl who has OCD,

I've got torrettes $%@! honestly.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm bi-polar, you have to understand what that person is going through its not fun. One min you are happy go lucky and the next you turn into a monster and really I don't see someone under 18 being able to deal with something like that I'm 26 and I can't even deal with myself some days. So since I can't deal with it myself I don't think I could deal with a guy doing it too.

• I'm bi-polar so I understand how hard it is to deal with, but I don't think I could handle dating someone who is bi-polar. I can barely handle myself, let alone someone else. I could always try, but I don't think it would end well.