Girls, Would you dress up extra nice for your bf's/husbands company get together if he asked you to?

Say he wants you to dress and look stunning so you'd be turning heads at the party/event and he wants this so people at the company respect him more and thus helps him with his career. Would you be willing to do that or would you be insulted and upset?

• Yes
    95% (20)
  • No
    5% (1)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course I'd get all dolled up to join my boyfriend at work party/event. I wouldn't appreciate it if he added the comment about how he wants me to look nice so that it'll garner him more respect and help him with his career, but I know my boyfriend would never say that. Simply speaking, it's expected and appropriate to dress semi-formal to such events. Not only would it make him look bad if he brought someone who was completely scrubbed out, but it'd make me look like a nutcase as well.

What Girls Said 13

• It depends on the event and what level of dress he's wanting and if it's appropriate. But then again hopefully I'd be dating/married to a man who's smart enough to realize that networking is more than looking pretty.

• Yeah of course, I'd always wanna help my boyfriend in any way I could plus us girls generally like to look pretty and get dressed up occasionally. Looking good and knowing ur guy likes how u look can make a girl feel really good idea dress up nice for my guy if he just wanted me to obviously not all the time but every now and then yano just cos it would make him happy and therefore make me happy 😊

• Most definitely! I feel like to get dressed up for your partners work party is just being supportive. It would only be insulting if he was criticizing what you wore/how you looked/told you to change into something else/etc.

• Yeah I would I guess. If he thinks it will help sure. But he shouldn't really need my appearance to achieve what he wants. I feel like my boyfriend is quite intelligent and good looking himself that he can win them over.

• I don't know its kinda a weird request, depends a lot on how he asks I suppose, i don't want to feel like a hooker

• Duh... He's my man

• Having a reason to get dressed up is nice since after you're married you don't have as many chances to. I don't see why not?

• Definitely! Although if we were dating he'd know me well enough to not even have to bother to ask... I'd do it anyway. (I jump at the chance to get dressed up nicely, serious).

• My husbands his own boss and its not hard to look hot and turn the heads of bricklayers

• I would feel used

• Yes, sure. Why wouldn't i

• Yes, but I like to dress up. I don't think I have enough excuses to wear the dresses I have.

• I would actually be flattered by it!!!