Are you offended when a guy takes forever to respond to a text?

I'm fucking terrible at this. Been doing a lot of independent personal training and I'm texting with clients throughout the day and they are generally my priority. Between friends on social media, text msgs, and my clients it can get overwhelming to just have a conversation with everyone. People will get butthurt that I never respond to their text in an appropriate time.. girls especially get butthurt about it and take as if I don't want to talk to them at all. Even on here I usually just chill on the live feed and don't really even open msgs on this site because half of them are creepy af.

• Yes it's rude
  • No I'm not offended by that

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually currently dealing with feeling slight anxiety and a little annoyance about not hearing back from my potential fuck buddy since 7am this morning.

Anxious because I asked if he'd drive down to me the next time we hooked up and my ass has been ghosted like three times now so I'm just assuming the worst by his silence.

Like keep checking to see that we're still matched on tinder and everything.

He's so attractive I don't wanna find a different fuck buddy 😭

but generally nah, I know people are busy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tbh dude I reckon it's rude. No one is truly busy to not be able to reply at all. As in within a day at most.

Also if you're texting on a messenger app where clearly people can see you marked their message as read AND possibly were even online a few minutes ago (i. e. texting someone else) that's pretty hurtful.

Canu help me on a question pls? It's about women being less innocent and more responsive text wise to guys who care about them less?

• DOn't girls do this way way more?

What Girls Said 22

• No, it doesn't actually bother me at all because I'm the same way.

Literally, if someone doesn't answer me I assume A) They haven't realized I've texted them, B) They're busy C) They just overlooked it, or D) They had other things to do more important than answering me right away. Which oddly enough doesn't get me butt hurt.

• It only bothers me if it says seen on the messages and he doesn't respond. Otherwise I don't really care because I barely respond to people unless they're my best friends. 😅 But if my best friends do it to me I go jokingly bat shit cray at them telling them "bitch I see you, don't ignore me 🙂🔪"
    😂😂😂

• lmao. Some dude got mad because I took 10 hours to respond. That's like lightening fast for me. He FREAKED out and send like 3 follow up messages.

Can relate to the struggle of keeping up.

I talk to so many people consistently, that I don't *usually* notice when someone disappears for a few days.
    Even one disappeared for over a week. He apologized to me with some excuse. My first thought was "Dude, I didn't even notice you were gone..".

Yeah, yeah, know how it sounds.
    But #Truth

• Do you drink when you go out? Curiosity

• Nope. That's pretty rare for me. I can have a great time sober.

• I wouldn't be offended or freak out if I know the reason why and I feel like the conversation is flowing. Now if I feel like I'm having to pull teeth just to keep the conversation going. Then I will start to assume he's not that interested to keep talking.

• Yeah actually I do. This is a problem I have. The guy I'm seeing is like you.. he's an independent contractor and gets a LOT of texts from clients/potential clients. He's really bad at responding quickly and we argue about that more than just about anything.

• I'm used to guys working really hard for my attention, so I get mad when I feel like I'M having to work at it. Petty, ik

• Lol wouldn't that be so weird if you'd watched me on there? Tho I wasn't on CB very long at all

• I don't really watch only broadcast but I've probably scolled passed you if you made it to page 1 frequently. Only awkward if you think it is lol. We both know it's for money. My shit was leaked on bodybuilding misc to a couple users luckily chaturbate got it deleted was on some girls little archive website. Forgot the name I'll have to dig up the screenshots.

• nope, i know that they have other things to do than check their phone, its not even a big deal, as long as its well.. you know.. a life or death situation

• No. I tend to keep busy, so I'll respond when I can. I expect people to do the same. I see that they read my kik message though, and not respond until the next day. It's whatever, they do what they want to do.

I've had guys spam me if I didn't respond within the hour. It wasn't anything urgent, and I even let them know I was working, or had an appointment. Some people are just impatient and some want attention. Maybe they're just in their own head too much, or bored.

• Hah no not if its friends or I know the person I'm dating/talking to is busy.

However, the last relationship I was in, the guy texted me every 6 hours for the last 3 days. It made me paranoid cause I was assuming he was guna break up with me... Which I was right. So I'd suggest letting the person you're dating know what you're doing and why you won't be responding. Girls tend to always think the worst because the worst does happen- and it's better to prepare for that.

• It only annoys me because I feel like he's not that interested in talking to me. Like, once in a while during a conversation is ok, but if I'm always waiting 15 minutes or more for a message, that's annoying.

• I learned not to get offended anymore, if the guy is busy then he's busy. It will bother me IF he "read" the message but hasn't responded for HOURS. Then I'll be pissed and his life is over.

• I actually prefer it that way, I highly respect people that actually have a busy lifestyle, doing things other than stalking their social media :)

What does bother me is when someone "sees" my message and does not reply after three days.

• Not offended but it does bother me. I'm more of worried that angry. Did I say something wrong? Has he lost interest that quickly? Blah blah blah

• (smiling) The people I date never get my cell numbers, just email addresses.

I never send messages or ever initiate anything with dates.
    I just reply to them :P

• It's super annoying. But I understand if he has other stuff to do. Usually a simple "I'm busy, I'll answer you later" is good enough for me. Just a heads up.

• I don't get offended because I know that person is busy. I have a bad habit of not texting people back too!

• Not offended at all. U have shit to do and we gotta just suck it up! There has to be an understanding between people and if they can't handle it its not worth it.

• Nope although it is a bit irritating when the message says read and he hasn't texted back.

• not offended just anxious

• it's annoying but ik some people are bad at texting or are busy

• I don't like it but I don't let it get to me.

• I'm glad because it shows that the guy has a life

• If you take more that 5 - 7 days to responds that's rather rude.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't message guys
    And i usually don't message a girl at first place 😂😂😂 LOL
    If I do they better reply :P

• no, your job has priority i would understand.

• It only really becomes offensive if she know you are doing it perposely