Will I ever be in a good, healthy relationship?

I'm 18 and the last three guys I've dated have emotional manipulated me. They weren't proud to date me, and acted as though I was some burdensome accessory. I want a guy to truly love my and tell me I'm beautiful. Will this happen or is my luck terrible?

What Guys Said 1

• No, it will happen. True men are still there, just hard to find.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sorry you had to go through those experiences. It's definitely hard realizing what the relationship is truly about sometimes, but don't lose faith.

When I dated a manipulating, controlling guy, I actually took a few years from dating to find myself again and to make sure I found out exactly what I wanted in a partner. Fortunately, those years I took to myself really helped me be happier with me, and being single. I found love when I wasn't even trying, and we're still together.

You might want to try that. Try taking a break from dating, to heal from what those past relationships put you through. Learn how to be happy again, and in all honestly, there are so many amazing guys out there who will treat you right. Don't let a few bad grapes spoil the bunch. Stay happy, one day you'll find that perfect guy and you'll be so relieved those past relationships never worked out.
    Best of luck!

• You're 18. You have plenty of time to find a good guy