boyfriend hangs up on me when we talk? We aren't arguing either. Is this normal?

My boyfriend and I talk until there's nothing to really talk about Sometimes there's just silence on the phone. Usually when no one says anything, he hangs up. He also hung up before when he was playing a game with other people. I mean I get bored talking to him to sometimes because we always talk on the phone. I get angry because why can't he just say, I'll talk to you later or whatever. No text or anything. He just goes on with his day. Then the next day he contacts me like nothing happens. Is this a guy thing or a disrespectful thing? I'm not really that bothered by it because the conversation is dead. But then I kinda see it as disrespectful as well. How should I handle this? We haven't been dating for a long time yet either.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's called "my relationship is out of honeymoon stage"
    It's called my relationship if stable and at normal stage hahahaha

It's Normal actually... I mean if you don't have anything to talk about sometimes...
    But he should at least say bye before he cuts the call :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• That is disrespectful as hell. You should handle it by telling him that you feel disrespected. You would appreciate if he at least says goodbye rather than just hang up. I cannot believe you have just put up with that? There is no excuse for that. Actually, if it were me, I would not continue dating him. The fact that the conversation goes dry is a sign and it is early in the relationship, is another sign this is going no where. I known my man for 2 years, have been talking to him everyday since and we still have conversations that last through the night and well into the morning. Either both of you are really boring, poor communicators or you do not have enough in common to keep this going.

• I mean conversation goes dry because we literally talk all day. Talk on his lunch break, when he's off work and sleep over the phone. I don't have much to say so I go silent or he ignores me because he has nothing to say. Or he does this hang up situation. We have a lot in common But the calls do go silent. I hate talking over the phone too. But that pretending to hang up stuff is annoying and he will know.

• I don't know if he does this on purpose. He did this before and I told him it was rude. All he said was sorry. I'm going to tell him in person rather than a phone. He did text back saying he passed out. It was only 1 hour difference. . But I highly doubt that he passed out. If that's his excuse then cool I guess

What Guys Said 6

• No, it's not a guy thing, this is disrespectful.

• Just silence? Thats weird. If he's hanging up without saying anything it sounds like someones a complete prick.

• Yeah I mean I can hear him but he's not saying anything. So like we are both bored and just have nothing else to say. Yeah, I don't want to be naggy. He texted me asking if I hung up. But I know he did because I can hear him on the other side. So I called him back. He didn't answer. I told him call me. Then I said nvm don't, I have a head ache and told him goodnight. It's annoying because when he wants me to stay on the phone I stay. But when I want him to, he ignores me and doesn't.

• Yeah. Trust me I can tell with his character it's not that good. He gives me the sob story that everyone leaves him and cheats on him. I don't know his past but i think he alters it. Or maybe because we don't see each other as much it's hard. We only see each other once a week. I want to see him more, I think he wants to see me more often as well. So that's a factor too.

• Haha lots of red flags there..

• No, that's BS. You *should* be bothered by it. You don't just walk out in the middle of a conversation, regardless of whether or not someone's talking at the moment. You say "Alright, well I'll talk to you later" or something.

It's FULLY a disrespectful thing.

• He texted me asking "if I hung up" but I know he hung up because I can hear him on the other side of the phone. I called him back and he ignored. So I just told him nvm, don't call back. I have a headache to play it off.
      Should I address it to him in person when I see him next?

• That could be it. I want to be respected definitely. Or maybe I'm being very impatient not seeing him as much. I only see him once a week. Other times we just text or snapchat. I don't like taking on the phone that much either so maybe I have this high expectation for phone calls.

• Hahaha. No, stop shifting the blame to yourself. He's being a jerk on the phone. Once a week isn't a lot, bit but it's not awful either.

• That is very disrespectful to you and you should talk to him about it or he will continue to do it

• How do I bring it up without sounding rude?
      I don't want to be the clingy nagging girlfriend...
      I noticed he does that a lot as well.
      We just started dating and I don't want to create drama.

• I will if we see each other tomorrow.
      I'm not sure. I have a feeling he's going to ditch me for his friends because he gets paid today. Or get really drunk and then apologize Asking if I'm disappointed. He does this a lot

• Yea you can do way better

• Its kind of like a digital irish goodbye. I do that but only if I'm getting pissed off or I got to do something like asap which is rare. Sounds disrespectful to me

• Just kick his ass and find a new guy :D

What Girls Said 0